Skip to content

Discuss This New Burgman 650 launched First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Burgman 650 launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New Burgman 650 launched

MCN is on the launch of Suzuki's new Burgman 650 ABS Executive at Glen Coe in Scotland. The luxury maxi scooter has undergone the biggest changes since its introduction a decade ago. The engine is the same 638cc parallel twin but tweaks have made it 15% more fuel efficient according to Suzuki. The frame has been changed to give a steeper steering angle, aiming...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 10:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Howwww muuuuuch?

I get that our European chumrades have the Überliebe for maxi-scooters, but they're never going to catch on in the UK until they start pricing them at the mass market rather than at a "We know something you don't know" monied cabal.

And by mass market I don't mean the trackies-and-trainers yoofs wobbling around on chavmobile Chinese peds and 125 scoots with drilled out exhausts.

I'd like to try living with a maxi, but the new and used prices really put me off dabbling.

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Busman

Has the crude twin shock rear suspension, identical to the Silverwing, been totally redesigned? £9k for a fully faired tourer compares well.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Like Rogerborg, I've really fancied a big scooter, even if lots of my biking mates hate the idea. But it would have to have decent performance, handling and practicality, and this bike is one of the only ones I like, but bloody hell!!! 9 grand!!! I know its not the same, but you could buy a brand new Triumph Sprint GT for less money, and it comes with panniers. The next problem scooter manufacturers need to turn their attention to is weight. Don't know what this one weighs but the last model was about 238kg which is a touch on the lardy side. This might be an improvement on the last model but we still have a way to go yet.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Scooter's go in" Scooter's Monthly"

How much?.......cough..wheeezz..nine grand....cough cough..wheeezzz for a bit and plastic on wheels...cough cough cough wheeeezzzz.Now look what you have done.. set my asma off. 

Anyway you are either a rocker or a mod you can't be both.

This is the MOTORCYCLE NEWS is it not. 

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

SPRINTY

That's hilarious,born again in 2008 & still living in the 1950's. In a Bastle House too? High mileage Motorcyclists ride Maxi Scoots matey.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Blah, blah, blah...

No one cares about mods and rockers except for old people - it is like arguing mastodon versus wooly mammoth.

And only people who use motorcycles as cod pieces (or padded bras) are bothered by scooters.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Speaking from Black House (Bastle)

Sorry it's just my Humour.Yes i'm getting on abit and i remember when there were fight's between the two sides in the sea resorts.Quite bad at times.

The thing is though i bet you you don't get the inner workings of a R1 or the latest Adventure shootout in Scooter's Monthly ( is there such a mag?).And i would rather be reading tests/reports on the latest motorcycle and not some overpriced boring scooter.lets be fair there all much of a muchness.My worry is we are going to be inandated with these plastic tubs (my humour again) in motorcycle mags which i don't want to see.I'll give up if i see a headline in MCN "Latest Scooter Shootout" Not good for my Asma......Cough

I two questions......Is a person who rides a Scooter a mototcyclist? If not what?

.....Do you wave at Scooters?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Well, I wave to scooters coz half of them look like bikes from the front these days. In your opinion, scooters might be boring but I get bored with all the sports bike shootouts which all look the same also and, to be used to their full potential are pointless for public roads. If you're not happy with scooters being classed as motorcycles, complain to MCN who regularly, and quite rightly test them. They are powered two-wheelers after all, like them or not. I think they potentially are underdeveloped yet, and their concept has quite a way to go.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Maxiscoots

Yeah after many years on bikes (although had a few Vespas over the years) I like the idea of a big maxi scoot, maybe a T-Max or Burgman. Old bones need a bit more comfort these days so a maxi scoot is definitely in my future if the right deal comes along. I'll ride anything on two wheels as long as it ticks all the right boxes. Sports bikes are great fun but you can't ride them fast without looking over your shoulder wondering if that car behind you is an unmarked cop car and lets face it with all that performance its hard to resist giving it the berries down the bypass. I remember all that mods and rockers stuff but I didn't give a shit about it then and I certainly don't  now...

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Waving

When I am riding a scooter, a lot more people on motorcycles wave to me around dusk than during the daytime, since it is hard to tell it apart from a motorcycle in the low light.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices