Skip to content

Discuss This New Burgman 650 launched First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > New Burgman 650 launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New Burgman 650 launched

MCN is on the launch of Suzuki's new Burgman 650 ABS Executive at Glen Coe in Scotland. The luxury maxi scooter has undergone the biggest changes since its introduction a decade ago. The engine is the same 638cc parallel twin but tweaks have made it 15% more fuel efficient according to Suzuki. The frame has been changed to give a steeper steering angle, aiming...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 10:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

If you ride a bike

You get a wave from me aboard my fireblade whatever you ride. I would have one to get about on like nipping over to the next town or popping to the supermarket, where I live if you move your car on a saturday or sunday you will never park again because of bloody tourists, a big comfy scooter would be ideal.

Reply to this Topic
exceledsteve

Apr 10

exceledsteve says:

Have both if you can

Just spent my most comfortable winter ever on 2 wheels having bought a Piaggio Beverly 350 ST (chortle!) last November. I put muffs, heated grips and one of those lap blanket things on it and bugger me if I ever spend another winter without this great kit. I can't believe I've just admitted it but curiously don't feel less of a man for it. These scooters are so practical for everyday use I always take it over my bike, which now stays in the garage most days. The larger maxi scooters are sometimes too bulky to get through tight traffic and a mid sized one like the Beverly (chortle!) is a great compromise as it has the legs for longer distance but the smaller size required for anti-traffic duties. If you can have both (scooter and bike) you won't need such a huge scooter as the Burgman, Silverwing etc, but if I absolutely had to choose between scooter or bike I would buy the scooter that best served my needs rather than the bike. The practical argument would win over the desire. The old mods versus rockers thing is long gone now. It is more common than you might think to have a foot on both sides of this ancient line now and I'll wave at both from whichever saddle I'm sat on.

Reply to this Topic
geoffb61

Sep 08

geoffb61 says:

I'll wave at anyone me

All powered two wheelers as SatNavSteve rightly says and maybe the right option in the right circumstances as exceledsteve says.

Like most of us, I'd certainly try one and I'll certainly wave/nod at them coming my way. And mods/rockers were just the football hooligans of their day. Totally irrelevant now.

PS MCN - do something about that christine597 - that post is on every comment page and is pure spam cobblers! 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I often go out with some scooterists that I went to school with on my bike they don't give a feck that I am on a big bike. We do all the charity ride outs that we have down here.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

It's a...

For the avoidance of doubt, a scooter is a type of motorcycle.

But at nearly nine grand you would have to be mental to buy this one (or a Tmax or a BMW or a SRV)

Drop that money to five grand, pick up the likes of a Piaggio X10 and the superior packaging of the scooter design starts to make a lot more sense for someone wanting practical two wheel transport.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices