Skip to content

SUZUKI Suzuki C1500T first ride C1500T INTRUDER

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > C1500T INTRUDER > Suzuki C1500T first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Suzuki C1500T first ride

They may be about as relevant in the UK as a 50ft Winnebago or eight-litre SUV but, if you hadn’t cottoned on already, ‘baggers’ - or be-bagged or panniered cruisers designed for comfort and custom style and, usually, also with Plexiglass screens, a relaxed riding position and footboards instead of conventional footpegs, are big news in the U S of A. Historically...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 April 2013 16:02)

Post a message in C1500T INTRUDER

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Unbiased

Apr 13

Unbiased says:

Lightness of bikes

This obsession with shaving a few ounces off sports bikes always amuses me, to lighten the load most folk would be better off losing a few pounds, rather than shelling out every year on a lighter bike.

Or you could just not fill the tank, a gallon of petrol weighs over 3kgs and lets be honest you only need a bit to get to the cafe and home again.

Can you really tell if it's lost a kilo or two..........really, genuinely, honestly, on UK roads?

P.S. I am a fat bloke so I don't care.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Peakrider2012

If you don't think Jap cruisers have soul then you can't have tried the Suzuki M1800R. In my mind it's gotta be a future classic; arm-wrenching torque, plenty of grunt and more presence per £ than a V-Rod. I thought I'd be saving up for a second hand Harley or Victory before I tried the big Susie and it won me over very quickly indeed. Cheaper (especially 2nd hand), faster, more agile and got more looks from other bikers and Joe Public alike when testing one out than I did testing a 2nd hand Dyna-Glide. I also tested one of these C1500T's the other week and have to admit that I did find it felt a little lacking, especially compared to the M1800. It just felt as though one too many corners had been cut to keep the price down. For smaller capacity bikes the Kawasaki VN900 Custom is a stonker, not the huge torque of bigger cruisers but definitely something to consider if you're going to be touring solo. Again the VN has more character than the Harley offering 883 Sportster. Smaller capacity still Virago 535's hold their value surprisingly well and have a cult following. Ok they don't set the world alight with their handling or grunt but they are very characterful to ride. Just goes to show that while yes, most Jap cruisers are trying to hard to copy the Americans there are a few that stand on their own merit and actually outdo the American equivalent.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Bubblin

"The majority of bikers nowdays have shunned sports bikes and moved onto better thing (cruisers, adventure, nakeds), that can be used daily, in all weathers and on all roads..."

There are much better choices than cruisers (and naked standards) for all around bikes - for economical operation, weather protection, locking storage, ability to handle gravel roads, as well as being able to get after it somewhat in the twisty bits, how about the under-appreciated Honda Dullsville?

(Yes, I am one of the 17 people in North America that bought a Honda NT700V.)

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Unbiased

Hi, I ride an 03 Blade through the year, each day. Not scared of it, just know where the limits are and you'll be fine. Just saying in case your blinkered view starts to affect your posts...

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Ruxxy

I'm not a sportsbike fan myself and do find MCN is much more sportsbike orientated as a publication than I'd like. However you're completely right as far as saying you can ride a sportsbike all year, Nick Sanders managed to get an R1 around the world solo for f'sake, something that Ewan and Charlie struggled to do with three BMW GS's and a whole convoy of support vehicles! But I think modern sportsbikes are becoming a victim of their own success, there is a limit to how you can ride on British roads and todays sportsbikes are just so damn fast you can only really get the best out of them on a track. I think this is why there is a fierce swing of people wanting more usable bikes. Each to their own.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

All Year Riding

The only bike I ride year-around is the Yamaha TW200 - light weight, low-power, and knobby tires are beneficial in the snow. Only sport-bike I would consider for winter riding would be a cheap, used Ninja 250 (or in a few years, a used Honda CBR250R).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices