Skip to content

Discuss This UK riders claim entire front row in Assen Superpole World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > UK riders claim entire front row in Assen Superpole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

UK riders claim entire front row in Assen Superpole

Riders were finally greeted by a dry track in Assen for the World Superbike Superpole sessions. From the fifteen riders from session one, only twelve progress and although there was little by the way of surprise to see Clementi and Iannuzzo drop off from the boards going into session two, it was an afternoon of disappointment for the champion of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 April 2013 15:06)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ratch, I know you have the best intentions..

..but trying to illicit confirmation of your wayward thoughts is just futile. Tom and the rest are superb riders no question, but using Rea as the yardstick, it became clear he floundered a little on the Championship winning bike when given the chance - unlike a certain young Spaniard who blew the field into the weeds!...If they were all on comparable machinery, there would still be the same 4 guys running at the front in Moto GP..

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

@CH

It's an interesting question to ponder, though. Logic would dictate that at least one of the WSBK riders could find success in MotoGP. Sykes has probably got the most outright speed, he seems to constantly out-perform his highly rated teammate by nearly a second a lap, but he sometimes fades in races. A concentration issue? I've no idea. Chaz is another maybe. I'm not sold on Laverty, although he is impressing me more this year than he has done in the past. Er, who else is good? What's interesting with WSBK is how well the 'retired' MotoGP riders do. Max and Carlos looked like they could win half-asleep sometimes, although Melandri has been somewhat disappointing. In the past WSBK champions found a way into MotoGP, but recently the power pensioners have put a stop to this :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices