You are in... Forums > General > General > Giving up biking

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Giving up biking

I've put £14 in my tank so far this year. What's the point in keeping it? I'm paying a fortune for insurance, it's due a service soon, I'm moving to a place without a garage. Time to give up biking and sell the Fazer. Sad day.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 April 2013 21:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Two ways of looking at this.......

I've always found it's as easy to justify keeping the bike as to justify giving it up!  If you're not riding it enough to justify the costs then ride it a bit more, if worried about reliability remember that it'll be far more reliable if used regularly than if parked up for long periods.

When my family came along I went out a few months before my daughter (the first) was due and bought a sidecar.  There's always a good reason to keep a bike if you want to think of it, if not then perhaps giving up for a while is the right think for you!

Either way, good luck.

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

At least

I've not completely given up and bought a Harley...

(haha!)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

kimlondon

I really can't see me giving up something that gives so much pleasure....But I do sympathize with your position, it will always be there though, in the back of your mind.......a few years down the line you will wake up one sunny spring morning and want to......................................."get yer leg over":biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

Ooooo

matron!

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i would go bike only to save money

well for me if the money ever get very bad i will sell my van to save the high running cost and go bike only again to save money as my r100gs is only like 150 ayear full comp so its about 250 if you add the tax and mot on to that. and i am only 26 with a 6years full licences. that why i love bikes so cheap to keep on the road

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Alternatively

let it go on the understanding with your other half that in the meantime, each time you go on holiday, you hire out a bike for a few days (just to keep your hand see?).

Cyprus used to do a good line in hiring out DR350's :biggrin:.

Kept me sane during the 'lean' years.

Good luck!

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

Kim

You can 'give up biking' ...but biking will never let you go ...once it's in your blood it's there for good - there is no cure ...you will be back ..sooner or later ...and joining the ranks of the mighty 'BAB's'....:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

kim u crazy mo fo

i sold me blade in 2002 to get new widerz in me gaff i had a c90 for yrs after as  i was skint had nice windowss tho

things always pick up m8 unlessYa bald !:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices