Skip to content

Discuss This WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes

The second ‘big bike’ race from Assen saw Sykes looking to build on his emphatic first race win and to truly begin his assault on the championship that he so desperately desires. With the chasing riders having had time to tweak and adjust their bike settings – as well as their mental preparation and race plans – it was never...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 April 2013 15:21)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

MOTOGP a poor 2nd

Eat your heart out MOTOGP. The racing from Assen was top draw stuff. . Change the rules to make the bikes more even and bring down the costs and MOTOGP might match WSB.  Any one who thinks MOTOGP has the top riders just watch Tom Sykes, Laverty OR Chas Davis. WSB to me is the premier series

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

yeah

I agree with @ratcherman but we've seen mutiple riders from sbk and could'nt handle MotoGP because if you want to be realy fast in MotoGP you need to be an ALIEN. and those riders don't come that often. alldough i realy want to see the ZX10R with Sykes with an wildcart in MotoGP on BridgeStone and carbon breaks. And i Can't wait to see Suzuki return to MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Change the rules?

make bikes more even and bring down the costs......

In other words World Superbikes. Well as you can see ratchetman we already have a superbike world championship and we don't need another. A World championship featuring prototype bikes should be just that  - a world championship featuring PROTOTYPE bikes.

A big well done to all the UK riders today.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

lol @ratchetman

Your an idiot if you think WSBK has the top riders or is the premier series. World Supersport has close racing like WSBK but that doesn't mean Superglue and Lowes are better than Jorge, Pedrosa, or Marquez or that it's the premier series. And no don't change the rules for MotoGP. Let MotoGP be MotoGP and let WSBK be WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I had a great day in Assen today. Bit cold in the morning but it got Sunny later on. Some great races, to bad Tom couldn't take the double. Oh and finally i got to hear the MV F3 live in race trim. And yes it sounds sweet. Strange to see the Ducati Panigale doing verry well in Superstock 1000 and verry poor in WSBK. Leon Camier rode quite well considering his injury.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

saturn

Congrats mate for taking over at top of leaderboard for FRR....grrr lol

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Vorsprung dick technique..

Not a single mention from our Steve about Ducati?

How the mighty have fallen. What a complete and utter shower of shit Corse are..Preziosi too, with his egotistical disdain for the basic design parameters needed to build a competitive race bike.

Ducati are well rid of the prima donna..although it could well be too late as sponsors bolt for the exit, both here and in GP.

Rossi has been totally vindicated..It's no wonder he'd rather have quit then spend a minute more there.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

VFR

Thanks !   Swings and roundabouts tho' - long ways to go yet.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Ducati

Pretty sure they finished 1st and 3rd in the superstock race and didn't Checa have pole position at Phillip Island?

Seems they're just going through the trials and tribulations that BMW encountered when they joined with a new bike. But with all the experience Ducati have I'm sure they'll be successful soon enough in WSBK with the Panigale.

Though to be honest I think it's rather nice not to see Ducati dominating like they've done in the past.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The popularity of MotoGp against WSBK is an anomaly!      Most people are agreed that MotoGp is boring and processional - and yet WSB and BSB are far more exciting - and yet again MotoGp is moe popular as the number of posts on the MotoGp threads attract about 3 times the amount of posts than WSB or BSB.

Why ???   Ideas/explanations welcome please. (if anyone can be bothered.)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices