Skip to content

Discuss This WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes

The second ‘big bike’ race from Assen saw Sykes looking to build on his emphatic first race win and to truly begin his assault on the championship that he so desperately desires. With the chasing riders having had time to tweak and adjust their bike settings – as well as their mental preparation and race plans – it was never...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 April 2013 15:21)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Yeah but what I mean is production bikes are going that way because of this filter down from racing business, motogp can't say we need to dumb down wsb when the reasons there giving for building prototype bikes is the tech will filter down? And guess what, funnily enough it has, and now wsb is making a laughing stock of motogp by lapping frequently within a second or so of these multi-million pound prototypes, I can now go buy an s1000rr with 200bhp n Tc, abs, anti wheelie ext, it's hilarious I can ride something prob as high tech as wsb 4 or 5 years ago, oh and agree about the carbon brakes wosi and these stupid tyres they use in gp, If u can get to grips ur an alien, u could b wsb, moto2 or whatever champion 5 years in a row, if u can't get on with those ridiculously hard to use tyres u have no chance!

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Flip side of that wosi is I have an 2002 rsv Millie with no electronics n I love it to bits n wouldn't consider spending 15,000k on a panigale, even if I could afford it

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Popularity

The main reason MOTOGP is more popular than WSB is, WSB is only shown on SKY tv which you have to pay for and MOTOGP is shown on terestial TV BBC, this opens up MOTOGP to a far wider audience than WSB. It also affects sponsership as MOTOGP is shown to a far wider audience. This dos not mean that MOTOGP is the premier class it shows that SKY thinks it is worth paying an awful lot of money for WSB which to me is the fa better series, WSB has closer racing. better rules and has a lot more in common with road bikes and as for better riders I would like to see more MOTOGP riders go to WSB because i dont think they would take the close racing that WSB provides.The only reason  DORNA has bought the rights to WSB is to mess it up so that its baby MOTOGP and its riders  wont have the competition from WSB.   

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

ratchetman

i watch wsb on my comp, you can get eurosport for 2 quid a mth, WTF is up with melandri this yr ?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The thing is -

although I agree entirely with your sentiment Wosi - technical development is necessary - everything in life progresses for better (or worse.)   If racing was all that mattered and technical advancement didn't  then we'd still be racing Manx Nortons and G50 Matchlesses and riding air-cooled BSA A10's  Triumph Thunderbirds and Norton Dominators all with drum brakes and distibutors with sparks generated from contact breakers. I don't think any of us would be in favour of that.

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Only has been moto gp riders go to WSB Rachetman.Name one ex WSB rider who has gone on to win a moto gp crown?I wish WSB was on terestial TV,moto gp has stagnated since the introduction of diesels,the rising costs have forced several munfacturers to quit the sport.I think it's on it's last legs now,but with Dornas strnglehold on the racing in GP's & WSB i expect both classes to merge into a full on CRT formula & WSB to be reduced to a gloryfied proddy class.Dorna & it's Spanish controlers have ruined everything they've meddled with so WSB is next on the hit list.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

The better riders are in MotoGp. There is for me anyway, no question about that. Given a reasonably competative bike, all 4 Alliens would win the championship in Sbk easilly. I wen't to assen on Sunday and had a great day. And am looking forward to watching GP riding on Sunday on the Telly. I have favorite riders in both championships Tom Sykes and Michael vd Mark in the SBK and WSS series and Ianone Redding and Vinales in the Gp series. So for me it's all good. I jus't love my bike racing. What i miss is the real characters in motorcycle racing like Kevin Scwanz, Troy Bayliss and Nori Haga. The after race interviews where riders thank their team for their good work and praise the other riders. Make want to cry. Must say though that the WSBK field this week at Assen was pretty lame. With a proper Yamaha effort and 2 more Beemers like BWM had last year it would jus't about be pretty good.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Name one

I can name a world superbike rider who went on to win Gp's : Mick Doohan

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

and another

Nicky Ama but still superbike.

Thats 2 superbike riders to take GP championships,is it only 2 GP riders to take the WSB crown Max and Carlos,wow they are so much better these GP riders.

Take Danis Honda off him and would he be any faster then lets say Cal WSS.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

ratchetman

Bt vision are trying to get the rights to show Moto gp so you wont be able to watch it at all soon unless your area has cable.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices