Skip to content

Discuss This WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

WSBK Race Two: Laverty matches pace and snatches win from Sykes

The second ‘big bike’ race from Assen saw Sykes looking to build on his emphatic first race win and to truly begin his assault on the championship that he so desperately desires. With the chasing riders having had time to tweak and adjust their bike settings – as well as their mental preparation and race plans – it was never...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 April 2013 15:21)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

I think

a lot of the posters just enjoy arguing with each other and as MotoGP has greater tv coverage around the world I would assume that's why it draws the greater interest.

Also it would seem many MotoGP followers think that it is the only type of motorcycle racing that exists.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

moto gp v wsbk

What is wsbk now , is it not a travelling british superbike championship moto gp is the premier class by a long shot , most of the moto gp riders can retire to wsbk and win the reverse is impossible its simply not in the same class ask Ben Spies:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Is it me...

or is WSBK just boring now!  :(

Seriously, nothing compared to the days of Foggy, Edwards, Baylis and 120,000 people on race day (not for the whole weekend) at Brands...

Whats stopping the sport being truely great again like it once was...?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Stig08

If WSBK is a traveling BSB championship then what is Moto GP, Moto 2 and Moto3 a traveling CEV championship. Oh goody a spanish bloke won again!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Simple..

MotoGP has the better riders..The Alien set, whoever that may include and depending on your bias.

For me, as it stands, that means JL, MM, VR & DP.

You'd expect these guys to be at the front week in and out in WSB but..as we know, the racing is RACING in WSB and I'm not convinced all the aliens have what it takes to battle bar to bar without crying their eyes out.

Crutchlow, Dovi, Bradl, Bautista?..No better than the front runners already plying their trade in WSB.

Scrap GP and put 'em all on Superbikes..the difference in lap time is minimal and ain't worth the extra expense.

Close season..get a National team based World Cup competition off the ground a bit like the old Transatlantic. It will more than make up for the loss of GP.

The racing in Moto2 & 3 is way better..but would you miss it if some of those riders were in a two race SS600 series?

40 bike grids, all the world's top riders in one place say 22 times a season, battling over two races in each class, plus Superbike & Supersport des nations close season..every other year?

Fk the MSMA and their pox ridden development agenda..back to basics close racing should be top priority.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Now

you are talking. I also agree with your top 4 but if you look at the riders in wsbk 1 spanish rider, wss 2 spanish riders, the bias is too high and needs to be addressed. If rossi starts winning the press will go mad and people that don't follow bike racing will start to notice as the main stream press will latch on in this country, also if cal starts winning. I know its a sore point but it needs Mr Stoner back to give it a bit more colour than the spanish flag. Look what happened to F1 when it was a procession when Schumaker was winning all the time, people turned off in their millions and stopped going to races which is already evident in race day crowds at moto gp races

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

its all relative...

Its not specifically the quality of riders that makes racing exciting....its the equality of the riders in any given season/era. You can have amazing racing from 2nd to 5th but no one notices...once the dominant rider retires, the"best of the rest" provide great racing because they are fighting for the win, not just the podium....

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I like your ideas Wosi

but I think we still need an elite prototype series to show the ultimate that can be achieved in motorcycle development (lots filters down to road bikes)  however there's not enough riders in the alien catagory and there's not enough works bikes competing at the same level.  Ducati need to step up and Suzuki and Kawasaki need to come back. ( that may partially happen).

Going back to Wosi's ideas - I'd love to see the top 8 riders from MotoGp, WSB and BSB all competing in a one make series (say R1's) perhaps we would get a few surprises.

(EDIT - add AMA to that and the Top 6 from each series()

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

BMW s1000rr, Aprilia rsv4, Kawasaki zx10r, the 3 highest tech bikes on the market bar the panigale, none race in motogp, why do we need motogp really?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Racing comes first..

Do we need the constant march of electronics spoiling our fun in motorcycling?

How relevant are race specific corner-by-corner mapping, pneumatic valves and carbon brakes for example?

Surely manufacturers can test their ideas outside of racing?

Do we have a choice or say as consumers anyway?

I can't believe the price of new bikes in a finnancial climate that's bumping along the bottom, and a lot of these increases are down to gizmo's we don't need or want.

Perhaps it's just wosi turning into an old fart?..but I don't think I'm on my own.    

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices