General rain General

You are in... Forums > General > General > rain

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bobsnicholson

Aug 02

rain

Went for a ride and got caught in the rain. This is the first time i have ridden in the rain for more years than i can remember. Fun ain't it. However, doing 50 mph ish, screen on highest setting, heated grips on, heated seat on, foot heater blowing, cruise control on i never felt the rain or got wet (unless i stopped the bike, lights etc).

IS THIS BIKING?????????:wink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 April 2013 15:35)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Rain

Plenty of that here today!

I remember leaving a huge puddle under a table once at a cafe in Germany (as water drained from my wet-suit - not from me).

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Oh Yeah

Why is it, that bikers on motorways go slower in the rain?

(You may not want to go hell for leather on the B-roads, but there's nowt wrong with 90 on the motorway, even if it is raining) :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

motorway

NC, might add i was on A&B roads doing 50/70 ish.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

on the very very

very odd day I'm in the rain I have to get a lick on to clear my visor.  I bloody hate the rain full stop:mad:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

bob

was it you coming up the hill towards horwich this afternoon around quarter to three, i was on my way home from rivington and passed a white wing rider who was looking rather smug, while i on the other hand was firkin wet through to the skin.

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

yes

Babyrocket, yes twas i. Smug, erm maybe. Have to say i was very comfy. Now i am UK resident again please come say hello any time.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

dang

missed you by minutes if you were heading for the barn, i was on a blue and white suzuki 14 two up ,black arai lid and feeling rather miserable as we headed home.maybe next time we will make that connection and actually get to say hello.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I have

no screen, no heated seat, some plaggy bags in me boots, heated grips I daren't use due to battery fears nor cruise control.

I feel cheated.

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

Ha Ha

Vulc, It was ok when i left the house, got to Skipton and it started.............. in a strange sort of way i enjoyed riding in the rain, but don't want to often.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

Ha Ha

Vulc, It was ok when i left the house, got to Skipton and it started.............. in a strange sort of way i enjoyed riding in the rain, but don't want to often.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices