Skip to content

Ask an Expert fitting throw over panniers Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > fitting throw over panniers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fitztheviking

Mar 11

fitting throw over panniers

been offered a set of canvas army 58 pattern throw over panniers and as i am going to the tt this year am considering luggage. that and they are cheap like the budgie.

i am struggling to attach them at the bottom to stop them flapping and the only thing i can come up with it to attach then by going round the back of the shock with each pannier. the strap is a canvas one about 4mm thick, no buckles nothing to get in the way, no flapping things to get caught in moving things, but the strap does sit in the spring i and i am not sure..

in my head i can see no problem.......but can anyone think of a reason this is a bad idea?

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 April 2013 10:48)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Duffster

Dec 08

Duffster says:

Fitting panniers

My only worry would be attaching anything to a moving part especially something that is not intended to be a fixing point,god forbid if you did have an accident I doubt your insurance would pay out either,can you not attach to pillion pegs or attach other straps somewhere else .

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Panniers.

I've used throw-over panniers in the past and they didn't flap. Put plenty of weight in them (they're the lowest of your luggage) and they should be alright.

Reply to this Topic
fitztheviking

Mar 11

pannniers

good idea and good suggestion.
its a gen1 vmax. having a think i will be able to drill a hole in the rear foot peg mount and fix a small exhaust clamp under the mudguard (no where near the wheel :)) problem solved.

i am not going to risk it. thinking about the insurance your probably right.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

bump

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle