Skip to content

YAMAHA Staff Blog: Running-in, in France FZ8

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FZ8 > Staff Blog: Running-in, in France

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Alison Silcox  says:

Staff Blog: Running-in, in France

What better way to run in the new Yamaha Fazer 8 than to pop over to Normandy for a three day rider training work shop with Nigel, nicknamed Red Leader, from Advanced Motorcycle Training! I took collection of the bike on Monday, fitted the Ventura luggage system on Wednesday and was on the ferry bound for Caen on Friday, not a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 April 2013 11:33)

Post a message in FZ8

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
burnthouse

May 12

burnthouse says:

fazer8

I have a Fazer 8 2011 model registered March 2013... I've done 2660 miles on mine... I wondering how much better is the new shock as we haven't seen a re-test of new model and secondly how do you manage to get a job that comes with a free motorbike and have to ride it in France. If the tank size is 17litres like mine you probably get 180 miles post run in... warning light starts flashing with 60 miles left in the tank!! My choice upgrades fitted thus far... heated grips, fenda extenda, mivv ghibli exhaust, K&N air filter, rear hugga(colour matched) with chain guard and ventura luggage (may respray rack before fitting) and scottoiler. Will also be upgrading front suspension springs soon.:doubt:

If you fancy doing a comparison old versus new, I'd be happy to have my bike featured. Monaco or perhaps Italy :-D

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Great if you live near the south coast but if I went to Portsmouth for the ferry (and I will in two weeks) I would have to turn round and come back home coz that would be my 600 miles for the first service done by the time I am back!

Reply to this Topic
Duffster

Dec 08

Duffster says:

Running in

I agree with sat nav steve if I drove there that would be over 600 miles to start must be nice to be able to jump ferry and go to France that quick(by the way satnavsteve I will be doing that trip in 4 weeks myself on my triple)

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Duffster!!

Well, wave to me! I'll probably be on the return ferry as you are going out! LOL. Lets hope for warm dry weather!

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

How come if you take a new BMW car out of the show room they do not need to see it again for approx 20,000 miles or two years.Whats going on with bikes,just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Go forward to 2016

Its 2016 and my BeemaprillaRzx14  is playing up.  The ABS is coming on at 5 mph and the dealer want £1800 to fix it.  The traction control is all over the place and the dealer says one of the 4 clutches is at fault. New clutch and traction control ecu will cost £2500.

The pro-re-active suspension control unit is not working and the digital dash display keeps playing old corrie episodes in black and white.  The dealer has gone bust and there are no spare parts available anymore.

Nobody at MCN mentioned this in the road test reports back in 2013.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices