You are in... Forums > General > General > Intensive Motorbike licene courses

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Intensive Motorbike licene courses

Right so I am realy eger to get my test done this year before my CBT expires in Jan 2014. 

A little info on me and my riding experience:
I am 17 so will be going for an A1 licene. 
I have ridden on a CBT for 1 and a half years (50cc and now 125cc) and feel confident on my ability to control the geared bike I own, and want to get up to test standered. 

I have seen a 3 day course for £500 b and b, in Scotland. Seems good value for what is a possible route to getting my licene. My local traing school can offer it at £450 but over 2 weeks. 

My question is, has anyone ever done a course like this? And what advice can you give me on passing the test.

Thanks 
Ashley

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 April 2013 21:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

Loaded questions

Knowing DVLA they'll probably change the test 3 times before your CBT expires :blink: This course you mention, how many hours a day is the 3 day version and is the £450 one offering the same amount of hours training? And finally the best advice myself or anyone else could give you is listen to your trainer then do what they say, assuming they're any good.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Sounds a bit like DAS

My local training school does 3, 4 or 5 day courses for a similar price, with a test at the end, jusyt needs a bit of coordination.

If you've been riding for a while, have a decent trainer and listen no reason why you won't pass in 3 days.

Try the web loads of places offering similar. Scotland seems a long way, unless you're already there, must be somewhere local (sorry no idea where you are as no profile)

Reply to this Topic
Restricted

Apr 13

Restricted says:

Trying to make A1 licence appealing

I think we will see many tempting courses like these to try to make the A1 licence more appealing. I am 18 and have about 10 months left on my restricted A licence. Had I not taken my test in 2012, I probably would not be arsed to go through the 3 seperate classes to gain an A licence. 

I like many foresee that there will be a huge fall in young riders very soon if not all ready. So something has to be done to make the A1 licence appealing and sexy, including marketing the various machines in the lower classes.
However I like the idea of the Scotland package providing they use some of the fantastic roads up there, it sounds like a great adventure for a young person.  Good luck with your A1 :-)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices