Skip to content

DUCATI Staff Blog: The magic carpet MULTISTRADA 1200

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > MULTISTRADA 1200 > Staff Blog: The magic carpet

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Staff Blog: The magic carpet

According to the Asphalt Industry Alliance (no, me neither) there are 2.2million potholes on the UKs roads, it’s going to cost £113million to fix them all and there has been £32million of damage to vehicles in the past year.That sounds like a lot. Although, to be honest, what I know about potholes; other than they really shouldn’t be there; is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 May 2013 10:12)

Post a message in MULTISTRADA 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Best bike if you're tall maybe

Best bike it maybe if you can get your leg over it. With a seat height of 33.5in source(Ducati.com http://bit.ly/12qeFTl) it puts it out of reach (literally) from your average UK male 5ft9in or female at 5ft3in (source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11534042). Now the average Briton is obese then maybe those extra pounds might compress the suspension enough but just think of how many more they could sell if they made the bikes lower as standard.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Its dangerous out there...

Its not just the pot holes and damaged road-seams but the floods we had throughout March meant that we had loose gravel all over as well. Horrible.

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Taz

I am completely average in terms of height and weight (5ft 9in) and 12stone and I have absolutely no problems riding the Multistrada at all.

I don't know anyone (apart from the really short guys) who have any problems with the Multistrada when it comes to seat height.

Give one a test ride and you might be surprised

Reply to this Topic
rcraven

Nov 08

rcraven says:

Cant agree more, Andy. Its the gravel that comes out of a pothole that can be a greater danger,

Whereas the pothole is of a certain visible size one can generally, if not to close up the bumper of the vehicle in front, take avoiding action to miss riding over it.  However on the other hand the gravel that comes out of the said pothole or indeed off any degrading road surface gets all over the place, except where car tyres touch the tarmack. Their tyres spread it all over the road, usually taking in the centre of the lane or outside and inside edges and definately accumulates on ore before or after a bend, so can be nasty stuf.

I read somewhere recently that such gravel and detritis tho a problem when the road surface is dry its not such a problem when wet as it apparently glues itself  to the road surface then.  I totally disagreed with that and after light rain or just seeing wet on the surface i have had the misfortune of having to brake and suffered a front wheel slide away from me because tho the gravel and dirt were wet on top they were completely dry underneath and therefore extremely slippy. 

Pot holes according to the Dft are about 15cm deep so much that we suffer is removal of the top 5cm being just road surfacing or indeed a road surface that has worn away the gravel within it and just shows the biitumen binder. these areas are again very slippy when dry , more so when wet or under hot sunny conditions they become slippier also due to warming  so beware, you may apparently lose control and an accident can be put down  totally to being your fault but there may be other circumstances such a described.that have had their effect.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices