Skip to content

Discuss This Would you use a helmet / bike camera to record your road riding? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Would you use a helmet / bike camera to record your road riding?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you use a helmet / bike camera to record your road riding?

There's been a huge surge recently in the number of people recording their daily rides, using bike and helmet cameras to allow them to record what other road users (and themselves) are up to. But it's a double edged sword - do something illegal, and the footage becomes evidence. Delete it afterwards, and you're facing potential jailtime. So do you record...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 May 2013 10:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Yes I would use a camera

Just lately I have had car drivers pull out in front of me, cutting across me and forcing me onto the central reservation all on purpose! They saw me, they knew I was there. They tried to knock me off and two even thought it was funny.

Wish I had a camera to prove what happened, maybe I wouldn't need to smack their mirrors off to wipe the smile off their feckin faces!

And there is no law against filming anyone in a public place, even filming their registration number cannot get you in trouble. As long as it is factual and not edited into something else it's all legal, whether they like it or not! Just remember that if you do something illegal, deleting the footage is perverting the course of justice.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices