Skip to content

Discuss This Have you found your Holy Grail bike? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Have you found your Holy Grail bike?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Have you found your Holy Grail bike?

"I’ve owned dozens of bikes and I’ve enjoyed most of them, but I’m yet to find 'the one'. My brother has gone back to the original R1 4XV saying it’s the only bike he’s ever had a 'special connection' with. A guy at work sold his FZ1 and went back to an SP1 for the same reason. I feel like...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 May 2013 11:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Slart

Oct 12

Slart says:

Okay I will admit I purchased a 1997 ZX-6R F3 now my third simply because to me it is a great fun bike it was the first proper sports bike I owned and for some reason there is something about them... And then there is my Triumph Sprint RS never made much sense apart from it was and is a damn good bike until I road back to Vienna from Leeds in 23 hours... and flying through the night on the German Autobahn it made so much sense that between these 2 bikes I have found a very good pairing yes they both have their faults but I still think they are as near to perfect as I am going to get...

Reply to this Topic
tonyfo

May 04

tonyfo says:

Best bike

I want to get another TL1000s, I currentley own a 2003 ZX12, and its a nice bike but doesn't have the grin factor that the Tl had. The TL was slammed for its handling but I never found it a problem and was certainly outweighed by the fact that every time you open the throttle it had dollops of stomach wrenching torque that would make you grin. I liked the look of the "S" too, with its modern take on the cafe racer.

Reply to this Topic
gavinwilkins

May 03

gavinwilkins says:

For me... "The One" was a Honda Superblackbird. It was just brilliant. Ultra smooth, unfeasibly quick, ultra capable at anything, but alas I rode it too quick and would doubtless have ended up in jail it I had carried on, so I had to be sensible. I am still looking for another bike that i feel the same about... 4 and counting...

Reply to this Topic
DamianJ

Feb 09

DamianJ says:

Has to be the original Bandit 1200 or the SP1 in limited edition silver!

Reply to this Topic
madproffesor

May 04

madproffesor says:

I have owned around seventy bikes, ridden many more over the last forty years, everything from British sidecars, 500 two stroke race replicas to off road and cruisers. Currently on a Harley 1200 sportster and still looking for that special one. Favourite one so far a CB900 F built at Lotus F1 by one of their engineers, 145bhp at the rear wheel and original wheels and brakes an absolute monster but amazing fun.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Soft spot bikes

For me it's my Spondon (formerly a GSXR1100L that I owned prior to converting to the spondon frame). I upgrade the bike every few years so it's always right up there on performance with the latest crop of hyperbikes.

I also have a Suzuki TL that I've owned since about 2001 that I have a bit of a soft spot for. Again its somewhat modified so somewhat better than when they first came out

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

yep.

Reply to this Topic
firkit

Apr 05

firkit says:

Defo

A 04 tuono factory

Reply to this Topic
kevinschwantz

Sep 10

Holy Grail Bikes

I miss all bikes with character... The bikes in the 80's were great !!! Nostalgic old 43 year old maybe... But that's my view!

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

HP4 totally awesome :D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle