Skip to content

Ask an Expert No contact from the other side.........? why?? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > No contact from the other side.........? why??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bungle1078

Nov 12

Bungle1078 says:

No contact from the other side.........? why??

Hey all! Any help is appreciated!

So i had a crash whilst filtering in 2012. Messed up both shoulders, collar bone, shoulder blade etc. I have been told that it will have to go 50%/50% I wont give you the whole saga but suffice to say i have had nothing but hassle from my Ortho Dr, Physio etc, not contacting me having to be re-referred, no contact from the other side and canceled operations.

Now i was first offered 10k from the other side after a few weeks. My solicitors (from Insurers) could not advise me about taking it as i had not had a medial report. So i left it.

Over a year in and so much grief I just want this over with. I have spoken to my Solicitors and told them to call them and ask them to make an offer as I just want it done with! I am still waiting for an op.

Yes the money would be handy but i just don't want this hanging over me any more.

Now my issue is i told my Solicitors months ago to get it done. They have been unable to get hold of anyone. Email, letter, calls, voice mail! There is a named individual who seems to have vanished. They contacted the main office to see if they could talk to ANYONE. they were told that they would get them to call back. Nothing!

Its been nearly 4 months now and still nothing, not even "We are waiting for a medical report" or "we are going to deal with it in court" from the other side!

Is this normal? What are they doing?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 353 days ago (01 May 2013 12:25)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

Settling your claim

Dear Bungle

It sounds like you are having a frustrating time of it and that your solicitors are not progressing the claim as per your instructions. I do not believe the opponent's representative is simply not available or that your solicitors cannot find someone there who will progress your claim. If this really is the case then this is exactly why the courts exist - for you to be able to progress your claim. If they don't respond to court proceedings then you simply get judgment in your favour with an amount to be decided by the court, cutting out the inactive third party. Your solicitors should be managing this for you.  I appreciate you have had enough of the process but would suggest you get an interim payment to tide you over until such time as you know your prognosis as to settle now would risk undersettlement of your claim. Feel free to give me a call to discuss further. Kind regards, Andrew Campbell, Bikelawyer Motorcycle Accident Solicitors. www.bikelawyer.co.uk 01446 794169

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Bungle1078

ACIC is MCN legal expert and I can state from my own personal experience having dealt with Andrew and his firm that they are great and efficient at what they do.

You can do no wrong by giving him a call.

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

bump

Reply to this Topic
Bungle1078

Nov 12

Bungle1078 says:

Thanks.

Well I have had my Solicitors contact the other side for an interim payment. They basically said Fuck off!

No i do not believe that my solicitors are being remiss. I and they just do not quite understand what they are doing!

Why leave it so long??

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

"Why leave it so long??"

my opinion is that they simply want you to give up (no offence meant, but that sounds like what you're doing with the "I want it over" comment) so the insurer can reduce / avoid the payout.

Can't comment on the 50/50 bit (don't know enough details), but if you were exercising due care and it was the other side's fault, don't go settling for reduced payment either; why suffer twice for someone else's error?

Get a decent solicitor on your side.

Reply to this Topic
CharlieSYLO

Mar 11

CharlieSYLO says:

It takes ages

My claim has been ongoing for about 3 years now, ACIC's team is dealing with it and I get regular updates. The delays are with the insurance companies trying to hang on to their/your money until the last nanosecond. The one thing I've learned out of all this is to be patient.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle