You are in... Forums > General > General > camp or not to camp

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

will1050

Apr 13

will1050 says:

camp or not to camp

Those of you that tour europe , do you camp or hotel it , l have tried both and have found some brilliant sites listed in the ACSI club , £10 a year to join with discounted pitch fees when a member. I know that some dont like to rough it but once you've had a few lagers does it matter?

Camping is more flexible because you can go where ever you please.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 May 2013 20:33)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

first and foremost....

it's considerably cheaper too.Carry a tent and sleeping bag (or a bivi bag) and any bit of grass is an hotel....even better if you can get to a campsite and there's 4 of you and you can get a ready pitched big cotton tent with camp beds and beer chiller for 10 euros each.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I like camping

In many parts of Europe TBH.... but prefer the more secluded parts of France and Germany. Wine and Beer make a huge difference though.:smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I've always done a bit of both

using Ibis or formula 1 when in need of a good bed and always take the camping gear as well.

Prefer to camp if the sites are good which quite often they are in Europe

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

camp or not.

..oooo no

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

camping

Alway's hotels for us now. summer months need the air con to sleep and the luxury of en suite shower. done the grass hugging in the past and loved it. nearest we got to camp sites recently was a hired motor-home for a month.......loved it.:smiley:

Reply to this Topic
fastasfuck123

Apr 07

-

Check out the price of bed and breakfast verse camping prices. I paid £15 for a piece of rough ground then £5 for breakfast (after several mile ride to find an open cafe) the next night I was in a nice warm bed and had tea etc in the room and it only cost £2 extra.
Hardly worth carrying my tent etc for the price difference.

Reply to this Topic
Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

Hotels....

For me..... Camping... been there done that... (France in early 80's... those toilets.... OH THOSE TOILETS... scarred me for life )

Now even a Formula1 has clean bogs and a shower...... and not expensive and you can fit 3 in a room...
However, 5* is somewhat better.....
:smile

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Euro touring accommodation

If I go on my own then I'm happy to camp (subject to the weather not being a howling bitterly cold hurricane or the ground being akin to the Somme during WW1).

If I go in the middle of winter, when the weather is likely to be lousy, or if I'm going with a significant other then I'd pay for better accomodation).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices