Skip to content

Discuss This UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT?

Where British fans will be watching Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi racing in MotoGP next year is about to become clearer, with the hot rumour suggesting the BBC will lose the UK TV rights to the new BT Sport digital channel.The BBC’s five-year contract expires at the end of 2013 and while lengthy negotiations have taken place over an extension...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 353 days ago (02 May 2013 10:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
enfieldturbo

Jun 12

enfieldturbo says:

the

bbc need to pull their fecking finger out, and bid as much it takes to keep it on the bbc..

they churn out junk year after year that no one watches, on our money through the tv licence, they need to start looking after the people that fill their pockets with endless guaranteed money .

Reply to this Topic
polhouse

Sep 05

polhouse says:

I relly hope not.

Well I'm not subscibing, like many others will not. 

Bike racing struggles enough for sponsorship and funding, putting it on pay TV will be just another reason for the big sponsors to keep their money in their pocket. 

This is just greedy Dorna exectutives looking for the short term gain, and forgetting about the long term viability of the sport. 

Reply to this Topic
Morbius5

May 13

Morbius5 says:

Confirmed by Eurosport

Charlie Hiscott just confirmed on Twitter that BBC and Eurosport have both lost their coverage to BT Sport.

Reply to this Topic
ImperialManiac

Nov 12

People. This is the internet. There is always a way.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

In other words thanks bbc for an increase in viewing so now were gonna screw you over by pay per view . Rip off.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

What a load of dog sh!t. Who is going to get BT vision. I live 60 miles from London in Kent and the broad band speeds are a joke and I already found out that Bt vision wont be available where I live for another 2 years. Stuff Moto gp then, WSBK for me. Fans will vote with their wallets in this country and just not bother with it anymore just like boxing or F1.

Reply to this Topic
rayc333

Oct 11

rayc333 says:

Someone please tell me this story is just a bad joke

Reply to this Topic
thevelofellow

May 08

BT Covering Moto GP

Brilliant just when GP has the smallest number of bikes on the grid and provides the least exciting coverage so it's only just worth watching for free take it away from the BBC and put it on BT Pay tv. So now only BT customers who wish to pay will watch it (if their broad band is up to it ). That should really increase the viewing figures. That will really encourage british sponcership wont it. I think not.

Surely the ideal mix is BBC get to show the gp but not exclusively and Eurosport can show what they like when they like. Then if you don't want to pay, watch BBC. if you pay for eurosport you get the lot. if you dont want to pay Sky take out a eurosport viewer option which is quite cheep and watch it over the internet. That has to be the best mix and ensure the maximum number of viewers. isn't it more important to get the viewing figures than a small increase in the viewing rites.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Bt

I've got bt vision its crap. I get eurosport on pc for 1.99 per month its usually 2.99 tho but I get WSBK and as much as gp excites me more superbike is generally better racing. I'm not subscribing to gp on bt vision it probably won't work anyway the electronics are shockingly bad it always seizes up, superbike it is.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Woe

If the beeb and Eurosport lose it, I might lose it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle