Skip to content

Discuss This UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT?

Where British fans will be watching Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi racing in MotoGP next year is about to become clearer, with the hot rumour suggesting the BBC will lose the UK TV rights to the new BT Sport digital channel.The BBC’s five-year contract expires at the end of 2013 and while lengthy negotiations have taken place over an extension...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 May 2013 10:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Isn't it great to be British?

Hurray! We all get fucked over again! \o/

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

All part of their plan

Take the big BT bucks, bin the beeb and Eurosport, then the non BT viewers will have to sign up to motogp.

Reply to this Topic
polhouse

Sep 05

polhouse says:

TheRightReverandBennyofWales
 Fine if you have broadband speeds that are up to it, but many people live out of town and have to put up with poor broadband speeds.

So

1.  Move to a city  - cost £1000 upwards

2. Pay out £7.50 per race

for what we are getting for free now.

This just stinks, while Dorna line their pockets, and MotoGP dies out.

I'll save my money and attend more BSB events live thanks.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Sod Em

I already pay for the privilege to watch WSBK and BSB so that's what I will stick with, unless I move to Spain, where lets face it the next 4-5 world champions are coming from. It s a sham of a mockery and a mockery of a sham from those lollygaggers at Dorna. BAHHH!

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Got to be fucking kidding me!!!!!!

Clare Balding!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Fucking Threaders!!

BBC and Eurosport losing the rights to show the races? Lazy, tight fisted BASTARDS! Not a happy lad! I guess I'll be watching it over the Internet, getting fucked off with bandwidth and speeds....... WSB, BSB and more trackdays for me in 2014.....

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

OMG

For once I agree with the reverend Benny , moto gp .com will be better than bt sport channel. Not having anything to do with bt. Rip off bastards

Reply to this Topic
sv650sadam

Aug 02

sv650sadam says:

Could be a great thing!

If moto gp gets any more boring, where only one Yamaha team or one Honda team can win, let alone take all the podium places, then Dorna are doing a great thing by making people turn off due to the quality of racing, and how the public now cannot watch it. If motogp carries on this route, then no one will be watching whatsoever. Thankfully there's still superbike racing!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

No thanks.

I too will not pay. I`ve never had Sky or anything like that in my life, except last year I paid Eurosport £4-99 P/M to watch the Supers which was ok I suppose..

Clare Balding though!!!!????  Is that supposed to tempt us into paying up? Ha!  Saw her on an awards show. Does anyone else think she looks ridiculous when she`s dressed up as a woman? !!
No, I hope there`s a mass boycott of this daft idea.

Reply to this Topic
hagridst

Jun 10

hagridst says:

moto gp on pay per view !

well if i gotta pay even more for tv than i do now then i will quite easily miss out . dorna say they appreciate the fan base over here well i think that will very much dwindle . face the facts , its usually a 3 horse race unless someone falls off then its a 2 horse race . maybe cal will get in there at some point but me i'd rather watch a wsb , bsb , supersport or motostar race . least you get your money's worth !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices