Skip to content

Discuss This UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

UK MotoGP TV rights: To BT, or not to BT?

Where British fans will be watching Cal Crutchlow and Valentino Rossi racing in MotoGP next year is about to become clearer, with the hot rumour suggesting the BBC will lose the UK TV rights to the new BT Sport digital channel.The BBC’s five-year contract expires at the end of 2013 and while lengthy negotiations have taken place over an extension...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 May 2013 10:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Clare (aka Hayley Cropper) Balding.......

..... leading the coverage? You're having a Giraffe !!? Has the world turned into Sam Beckett and Quantum Leaped back to 1st April as some daft joke!!? It's 2nd May and this Duty Rumour isn't funny!! Pull your finger out BBC, you get more money than any other TV station going and yet you can't be arsed to put your hands into your pockets to reach for 'OUR' money?? Get a fucking grip!

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Yeah Rev....

I agree, come on MCN, get the petition rolling!

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

2nd rate racing 2nd rate tv

I'm looking on the bright side, at least it isn't WSB orBSB going to BT . But I am beginning to think what's the point of buying a TV licence when the only sport that BBC seem to put on is golf and snooker. I suppose the BBC can't afford MOTOGP after they have payed the likes of Jonathan Ross all their millions. The other thing that will happen less media coverage will mean less sponsorship DORNA need booting out but money talks

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

People slate the BBC coverage and I agree its not the best but I'm gratefull for it. I for one want the BBC to keep motogp as I'm not paying pay per view for it. Motogp is my biggest passion but I'd rather stick money in my blade for a ride while gp is on then read about it later. Then buy the season review DVD. I may even start buying MCN after a race weekend again. Lets hope it's all billshit hey.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Petition

Oi MCN do a petition like some have mentioned. WE NEED TO ACT NOW. Bloody BT vision lol. I don't think so.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

Fucked robbing BT off years ago with there useless Phone service and scandless billing system !!!!

!! NO MOTO GP FOR ME NEXT YEAR !!

Reply to this Topic
sanzen

May 13

sanzen says:

We've lost any coverage of MotoGP in NZ as Sky Sports over here didn't manage to do a deal with Dorna. Strangely though we've got WSBK. Watching the BBC coverage on the net has been awesome and losing that opportunity will be a real shame...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I already pay the earth to Virgin for Eurosport

No fucking way am I paying BT aswell. I'll watch world supers instead. Better racing anyway.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

BOLLOCKS TO BT

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD FATFRYER2,PAY TO MUCH FOR THE TV NOW.LOVE MOTOGP BUT IF THIS GOES FROM THE BBC IT`S BYE BYE FROM ME.WHAT A SAD DAY THIS WILL BE.....F-UCK OFF BT

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

should we be surprised?  there is very little left of the BBC sport portfolio and it's another clear indication that they're only interested in a few headline events that get big audiences (Six Nations, summer footbal comps every two years, Olympics, etc).  The BBC signed a five year deal for £200 million in 2008 to get F1 back, and within two years had renegociated the deal with Sky so that it would only cost Auntie £50 million for 6 years - and it was the BBC that approached Sky in the first instance.

the idea that MotoGP rights now cost £8 million for a likely 5 year deal will have no doubt put off the BBC - I believe that the current deal cost them around £1 million.  So with no live regular season football, no horse racing and the R&A making gentle threats that The Open golf may go elsewhere, this story comes as no surprise to me at all.  with half-arsed Red Button coverage as well for sport, it's a miracle they have any sports coverage at all these days.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices