Skip to content

Ask an Expert Good 600 for awkward storage/parking space Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Good 600 for awkward storage/parking space

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

andyMB

May 13

andyMB says:

Good 600 for awkward storage/parking space

HI everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my cbr125, to a 600naked/sports tourer - problem is that it's a right faff getting even the 125 into the space that I have available to me in the garden to store my bike.....anyone got any tips on the most compact/manoverable 600 sports tourers/nakeds about??

once in place there's probably space for most 600's is just getting it in....

I mostly use it for commuting and I'm looking to spend about £3K

many, many thanks for any tips, thanks in advance, andy

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 May 2013 21:23)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Sidestand spin.

I've occasionally used the "spin the bike on the sidestand" technique although I don't know how the stand would cope with the stresses of frequent spin turns. Anyone know if it fatigues the metal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWWnf0niufk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6RLmlGRPn8

(That R6 looks gorgeous!).

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

i

can't see how it can be any good for it james

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

roseyeric,

True, I was thinking the same but on the other hand look at the side stand on any big bike and (with one exception) it looks too slim and without enough bracing at the pivot, yet I've never heard tales of broken stands.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

CB600 (Hornet?)

Guess you need to look for small, short bikes. The hornet is very short and fairly narrow (actually I would go as far as saying that the mirrors are too narrow). When I borrowed it and tried to park it was so much shorter than my bike. Great fun too. Other small bikes include the baby ducati monster although I think it will be longer...

Not seen the video but the center stand on many old small bikes (e.g. CB50J, CB100 et al ;-)) used to get regularly broken because users tended to sit on their bikes when its on the stand and it wasn't designed for that. Guess if people try to abuse the sidestand it will either bend, snap or if it is strong enough the pressure will go into the bracket or the frame and might damage that...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices