You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > bad accident this morning

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

bad accident this morning

had my first accident this morning. was on a major road and about to turn right into a minor road. i stopped by bike, indicating right i watched for a safe gap im oncoming traffic that would allow me to turn into the minor road. i saw a gap that was too small so didntt take it, bit to my utter disbilief a small white van waiting to pull out of the minor road did! ... and bang. it hit the right side of my bike and right angle. bike and me ended up on the floor. as soon as i was down i was up, but the pain in right foot and ancle was inbearable, so knew something was knackered. the guy was full of sorrys, but he shouldnt have missed a stationary bike parked right in front of him sideways on. he said sun got in his eyes. now in hospital in really bad pain and have to have surgery tomorrow, as its a serious and unstaboe fracture

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 May 2013 01:37)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

van driver

now that i do think about it, i think someone may have flashed the van to invite him out. i could have taken evasive action, had i had the presence of mine to... but i think i was just so surprised to see him coming out, even though i was blatently right in front of him. they saids at hospital that breaks like that are usually not straight. thanks SIDI boots, mine was. 

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi Geoffart

Sorry to learn of your mishap, good luck with the surgery and get well soon.

The sun got in his eyes, in that case it was unsafe for him to proceed and it is not a valid reason. Get a good solicitor on the case.

www.bikelawyer are good used them myself no nonsense service.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Ditto

Smidget,good allround advice,get well soon kid i know how you feel.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Unlucky fella

2 crashes in 2 days....:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Accident

Hi geoffart. If you were on your way to or from work and are in a union at work, then  you are covered by your union. Get your rep to contact them and they will take the case for you. I got wiped out by a car pulling out on me years ago, and my neighbour told me this info. Worked a treat 9 weeks off work with broken wrist and leg damage. They claimed for my loss of wages, clothing, helmet etc. And the insurance wrote my bike off. Hope this info helps. Ginnelli

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices