Skip to content

General i had a crash yesterday. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > i had a crash yesterday.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

i had a crash yesterday.

was waiting stationary to turn right into minor road frm major road, when car just pulled out of the minor road in a small gap in the traffic coming the other way and smashed me off. he whacked my ancle with his van. now in hospital on pain killers and still painfil. will need surgery, pins and plates. bummera!. apparently sun was in his eyes

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 May 2013 02:04)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

geoffart

:shock: What ..."He was reading a paper" ?:huh:  bad luck there mate...hope you recover quickly.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

crash

not sure how he missed me, really. its a lot more scary for biking if a guy like him can miss a big bike, right in front of him, sideways on and i was wearing high vis. true the sun was low, but i wouldbt have missed the bike.  he was too focused on a driver who flashed him out i think. if i opened the throttle i could have got away, but i was more overcome inital disbelief. then bang. looks like car hit my actual leg, as theres no sxuff marks on boot and bikes damaged on left. rigjt footpegc's smashed, which is obvioisly wjere my footr would have been. 

Reply to this Topic
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

bike accident

Hi Geoff and sorry to hear about your accident. Feel free to give me a call to discuss a claim assuming you want to claim for your injuries and financial loss. Remember you don't have to use the firm your insurer appoints! All the best, Andrew Campbell, Bikelawyer Motorcycle Accident Solicitors, www.bikelawyer.co.uk
01446 794169 andrew@bikelawyer.co.uk
MCN Legal Expert

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

geoff

Sorry to read this .... jeez! - How blind can someone be!:blink: - to ram you, 'side on' whilst exiting a side road ! :shock:

Hope you get healed quick ..and get some decent compensation.  

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

vanman

ACIC, i have everything in place thanks.

cheers kamchat. yes  well i think someone flashed him out onto the major road i was stationary one. seems amazingly he just blindly followed that without looking in the direction he was moving in 

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Geoffart..

Yer poor bugger.. get well soon...:upset:

ACIC do some good work...  If you feel your not been represented well,give them a call.... :smile

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Geoff

shoot man not good

glad you are well enough to be able to post. Hope that's from your mobile and not the Hospital's pay per day service - far too costly.

I hope you are back on your feet in no time. Much as I hate them make sure you get a decent Physio they will hurt you and give you lots of homework but the benefit (getting back to pretty much normal - if not normal) are worth it. By decent I mean one that gets hands on, not one of those slackers who just give out excercise sheets and use electrical kit on you when at clinic.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Geoff

Sorry to hear about your spill....Not good.

If I was you I would certainly take up ACIC's offer.  I know you say everything is in place. But you dont have to take the solicitor they appoint you, which, you will end up being an annonymous number in a long line of other claims.

Believe me, been that number and spent many hours prodding and poking the fookers to get on with their jobs. :mad:

You will get a more personal approach with ACIC, and I have no doubt, a better, swifter and more informed outcome.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

All

the best for a quick repair Geoff!

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Ditto

all the above, hope you recover quickly.

A mate yesterday is still in hospital due to something similar but the female driver didn't stop:upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices