Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez GP Free Practice: Lorenzo cruises to early lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez GP Free Practice: Lorenzo cruises to early lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Jerez GP Free Practice: Lorenzo cruises to early lead

Jorge Lorenzo was the fastest rider of the opening day of his home GP today at Jerez, easily taking the lead in both free practice sessions. Lorenzo, who had a corner at the circuit named after him yesterday, spent most of the opening session in second, behind fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa. Repsol Honda's Pedrosa spent most of the session in front, until...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 May 2013 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

So did Pedrosa, Bootslobberer

Demand the BStones. Two years and not a peep about tyres, except when Stoner bitched, and yet now we need more tyres for, "motogp's future".

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Don't be selective with your facts Thomas

Pedrosa also criticised the tyres used last year after Bridgestone changed them from those they tested and developed the bike around. Then they changed them again during the season

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

WTF indeed Hugelean

has this got to do with anything

Cal and Jorge have been on the bike for a few years now Rossi's on his third race..wtf...

Probably escaped your notice but isn't this the first time ever that MM has been on a Motogp bike?  Seems to be doing ok. Stoner won first time out after going from Ducati to Honda. So are you saying that Rossi is slow to adapt to a different bike?  Or are you doing a Boyzone and saying nothing at all as per normal

And this is Cal's second year on the 1000cc M1. Where did a few years come from?

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

& Pedrosa grumbled

But that was it. The change was voted in and everyone else was happy enough, well except for an outraged few on here. I'm all for a bigger selection of tyres, but it's hardly been mentioned on here for two years, cause it might have given someone a helping hand.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Ianone getting better all the time! If he can be the best Duke rider come Sunday, i will be very pleased! Plus Scott doing great in Moto 2. MM wasn't verry good in testing pre season at Jerez, so i reckon it might be J-lo Pedrosa Rossi this week.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

I wanna see Lorenzo do something spectacular in his new corner.  I just hope he does it during the 45 minutes of the race, cos' that's all I will get to see.  Unless I want to cough up 100 euro to Dorna....um, all signs point to 'no.'

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I agree doubting thomas

there is no reason they couldn't have a wider selection of tyres, particularly last year when they could easily just have added the new tyres and kept the old as well, without much in the way of extra expense for Bridgestone.

The control tyre imo has significantly contributed to the demise of Kawasaki and Suzuki, and the eclipse of Ducati. I don't know to which of the 2 riders on whom most recent controversy has centred  you make reference, but one has a record of being given (not necessarily illicitly) tyres which suit him, and the other had a record of tyres which suited his extreme riding style being taken away. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

And there it is ladies and gents

the gap toothed wonder could only ride the bike with his one favoured tyre, dispelling the myth he could ride around any problem. Once the super stiff front went, so did he. One trick pony. End of.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes..I'd like to add "stubborn" gap toothed wonder to Mario's analysis..

Don't forget, because he thought he could ride around any problem, he dismissed the chassis Dani went on to finish so strongly with, and ended up putting himself in hospital.

Fast as fk when all the stars aligned, but not very bright.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Ah, so this is folklore?

"the gap toothed wonder could only ride the bike with his one favoured tyre, dispelling the myth he could ride around any problem."

He took pole in his second race on a satellite bike on ... Michelin tyres.  Nine top 6 finishes and a podium in that rookie year on ... Michelin tyres.

Gap-toothed?  It's like you're on a mission to be as wrong as you possible can.  No wonder Wosi agrees with you.  The guy had big teeth, but the weren't horrid like Cals or anything.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices