Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez GP Free Practice: Lorenzo cruises to early lead MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez GP Free Practice: Lorenzo cruises to early lead

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Jerez GP Free Practice: Lorenzo cruises to early lead

Jorge Lorenzo was the fastest rider of the opening day of his home GP today at Jerez, easily taking the lead in both free practice sessions. Lorenzo, who had a corner at the circuit named after him yesterday, spent most of the opening session in second, behind fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa. Repsol Honda's Pedrosa spent most of the session in front, until...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 May 2013 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

Cool, Calm, Stylish

11th Place for Dovi! Keep it up! Think he may have to look for a tow off barbera for the next couple of practices and Qualy...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Apparently Rossi's on the limit already

whilst Lorenzo is again considering whether to change up and use second.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Correction Nostro

Rossi is on Rossi's limit rather than the M1's limit. Sounds familiar.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Benny

Ducati's mess, not Rossi's.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

scott

nice ride by him also! the weight must make a small dif. sorry nostro and boot rossi not done and he still has a little left but will it be enough? sunday will tell! now if we could have some one from the states step up and play, but that dosent look good. ill have to watch my old videos from the 80's and 90's. any one still have a good vhs machine? lol

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

CRT surprise

Not actually. Class within a class within a class within another class. Bridgestone's CRT Class tyres are delivering the goods,given the bikes are 10km/hr slower down the straights than the pukka prototypes.

As for Ducati.

Nevermind the handling,focus on the horsepower. Crikey,they are slipping behind Yamaha in terms of top speed. Fair enough,it is the package as a whole that makes for a GP podium. That includes team (we), machine(powerplant,chassis,brakes and suspension). In their efforts over the passed 2 seasons to score a win they have focused on the 'user friendly' angle to the extent that it is losing its greatest +1, Sheer unadulterated horsepower.  No compromise,no regret. Good showing by Pirro anyway.

Ah! The black magic (tyres). Now if the tyre war were resumed as a matter of urgency re MotoGP's future, I do not doubt for one moment that Ducati would be threatening the podium week in and week out with their current lineup of riders. CRT FP2 proves it. 

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

73mach3

Enjoy it. Off topic for sure,but I have most of those races on Betamax,VHS and you name it.

Sad but true. Full circle. 12 " Vinyl sound trounces CD in terms of longevity. I always recorded whilst watching the races. The DVD recorder....No longevity.

I resorted to recording COTA 2013 on a 15 year old VHS machine. Job done. No issues.

I will do the same this weekend Jerez.

Fair enough, I work in a digital world but analogue is the real deal.

What rev counter display do you blokes opt for on any Sunday ? Led progress or a simple bloody analogue pointer.

Nonetheless,lets see what tomorrow throws up.

Right now. Some 12" vinyl on a turntable, stereo amp turned down to deafening might be in order.

Selection : Sisters of Mercy....Vision Thing.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

The black tyres won't help ducati now unless someone come sup with a tyre that's got better grip than a bs tyre with longer life without pushing it calling NASA anyone.. They may well get a bit faster and that will be an improvement but the bikes a little more than a nice tyre away from winning races.. Listening to bootlegger and Astroboy chortling over their belief that Rossi is at his limit(if they even had half a clue where that was) is a little humbling..... Cal and Jorge have been on the bike for a few years now Rossi's on his third race..wtf...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Lost in translation

The last time I heard, Rossi demanded and got Bridgestone to counter your 'pet hate', that being Ducati/Stoner. I just figure the black magic rules should come home to roost,caste in stone for 3 years or better per team and rider specific. Open season and the sooner the better.

Sure as hell Ducati need a helping hand. Truth be told its all about rubber front end.

I guess Michelin or Dunlop would fix that issue in 8 weeks,but it would be bike specific which would exclude Nipponese bikes and tyres.

Back to Sisters of Mercy...Some Kind of Stranger.

G'night Hugs.

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

Rossi at limit vs Lorenzo cruising

Please tell me where I can view the info that would permit such a conclusion. Would love to have access to it. I was only able to view snatches of each rider going round the track on the MotoGP video stream.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices