You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Triumph Street Triple

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

yorkie48

May 13

yorkie48 says:

Triumph Street Triple

I'm thinking of buying one of these - have read the road tests, comments on-line, etc. about them pulling from low revs and being an excellent smooth engine, generally being an excellent bike and well recommended. However I have ridden two now, and they are both snatchy, any gear, any speed, until around 8000 rpm. They pull very well on opening the throttle wide, but cruising in traffic was quite lumpy. Any comments & suggestions please?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 May 2013 16:51)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Hmm

seems a bit odd,if you're riding demo bikes or some other high milage bike it could be lack of maintenance like a slack chain,worn cush drive,wrong tyre pressures or a combination of any of them?. Could also be poor or very wrong suspension settings.But saying that if you have been riding four cylinder bikes for a long time the triple may feel a bit strange at first,they do feel very different.

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
yorkie48

May 13

yorkie48 says:

Street Triple

Thanks for your reply!:smile No they were bikes for sale, both around 7000miles, and chain looked ok - didn't check the tyres to be honest! So I guess it's just a characteristic I just need to get used to..???:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Trottle cable slack....

Triumph insist that there should be far too much slack at the twistgrip make the ride very"over the bars or off the back".Adjust the slack out using the adjuster in front of the throttle with the engine running until you have about 2mm of free play.Check it doesn't rev up when you turn the bars,job done much smoother to ride.Also check the chain,standard Triumph one is absolute rubbish and at 7,000miles will be well and truly knackered.Changed mine for a DID Oring and AFAM sprockets at 4,800miles after getting fed up of adjusting the original every  400miles. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices