Skip to content

General PEUGEOT SPEEDFIGHT 2 2007 RUNNING PROBLEMS General

You are in... Forums > General > General > PEUGEOT SPEEDFIGHT 2 2007 RUNNING PROBLEMS

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DanielJames96

May 13

PEUGEOT SPEEDFIGHT 2 2007 RUNNING PROBLEMS

Hello, I bought a moped as Spares and Repairs in November 2012, Initially, the moped would just cut out after about 30 seconds of riding it. 

I got it fully working, passed mot and i stopped riding it for a few months, the oil must be atleast a year old, haven't changed it and the seller said the bike was standing for a good part of 8 months, when I bought it the electric start worked, and it kicked in one attempt.

I haven't checked any internal parts of the moped, a mechanic looked at it but found nothing, but decided to charge me £70 for a new front wheel, spark plug and a few bits and bobs here.

Now, it doesn't start via electric start, and have to use the kickstart atleast 25 times, sometimes more to get the ped running, when driving, releasing the throttle will make the ped cut out and having to start it all over again via kickstart as electric doesn't work.

I have gone about 50mph on this on a straight, as it is a 70cc malossi conversion. I have got a Leo Vince TT exhaust which has turned blue in the recent days of me driving it..

Also when I kickstart the ped and when im driving, i hear the exhaust backfire and a blast of air comes out, I've refused to drive it because of that reason. I have spent a good £600 on this bike, excluding the £260 I paid for it. It is fully MOT'd and Taxed.

Please could someone advise on to which they think is wrong?

Any help will be appreciated!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 May 2013 20:27)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Shame Fuzzr isn't still lurking around

along with Stealth (who doesn't look in often either) They would of given you sound advice. What they don't know aint worth knowing.

That's the problem not enough techies on here now:upset:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

blue exhaust....

not the oil,it's your fuel mixture that's too lean.If it's been stood a while with the same fuel in it's probably gone off and contaminated the jets.You need to empty the tank and refill with fresh fuel and clean the carb out.The starter could be the solenoid or maybe sticky brushes, or bad earth.Try tapping it gently with a soft mallet,it might loosen it up a bit.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

oh and if Oldish is about as well

you'll get good advice as well

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

babyblade...

mines mostly hearsay ...all worth a try though.:smilemachines don't like to be stood idle,chemical changes set in.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Advice

As said, old(ish)git is not as daft as he looks.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
DanielJames96

May 13

Mechanic

How much do you think it'll cost to get a mechanic to do it all?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Daniel...

Is the battery fully charged and have you checked the starter motor fuse?...I've had a look on line and see that the speedfight is a small 2 stroke engine so the oil is important for the fuel mix.So process of elimination.Check fuses,fully charge battery,drain tank and carb and try fresh fuel,check that oil is getting into mix and that exhaust may just be leaking a bit at the seal or so thin walled that it 'blues' easily.....did you fit it?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices