Skip to content

Discuss This BT Sport’s MotoGP TV deal to be announced this week MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BT Sport’s MotoGP TV deal to be announced this week

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BT Sport’s MotoGP TV deal to be announced this week

BT Sport’s successful bid for the live MotoGP TV rights in the UK in 2014 will be confirmed this week, with MCN learning the multi-million pound deal will be formally announced in London on Thursday. BT’s new dedicated sports channel, which is due for launch in August, has beaten off tough competition from the likes of the BBC and Sky to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 May 2013 12:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jason Hall

Aug 02

Jason Hall says:

Might be good for BSB?

Pity about the GP thing. I do feel rather sorry for Eurosport in all of this. They are the ones who have given us excellent coverage of GPs for decades now. It almost seemed that the kiddy-fiddling-lefties at the BBC didn't realise that they were bidding for a package that included two support classes five years ago.... Good job that Eurosport still showed us qualifying and the Moto2 and Moto3 as well. The spare sponsorship money might be a boon to BSB if more people are watching that. BSB is the closest racing spectacle compared to the processions that are MotoGP and on some circuits SBK....

Reply to this Topic
Chrisb970

Nov 11

Chrisb970 says:

I blame Charlie Cox

It's all his fault

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Delighted

Considering the absolute disdain the BBC clearly has with the Moto2 and 3 championships and providing the bare minimum for MotoGP I'm glad they've lost the contract.

Today was another example of the ineptitude of the BBC concerning Moto2/3. Qualifying was advertised to start at 11:20am on the red button, instead viewers were met with a picture of an empty snooker venue while the players were on a break. No qualifying was shown on the red button and the BBC couldn't leave the coverage of MotoGP qualifying on BBC 2 fast enough just so they could get to showing a repeat of Eastenders.

Good riddance to the BBC and their piss-poor MotoGP coverage.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Don't hold your breath..

Benny don't do Wednesday's Matt..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

That's all very well DoomeDog

But  will you be prepared to pay for the privelege of watching it ?

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

saturn392

I do not have BT vision and will not be getting it either. A bit of searching on the world wide web will reveal free coverage of MotoGP I'm sure. And if not so be it - I go without MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Naff off bt

I'm not paying bt for their coverage, I'd rather pay moto gp .com for their coverage, go £90 a year to watch gp racing will be cheaper than being mugged off by bt plus their coverage will be far superior , just got to the pod casts on iTunes & look for moto gp after the flag

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Oops a mistake on my behalf

Hi folks, I said about the mot gp podcasts, should be go to YouTube instad

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Utter disaster?

As usual no one has fact or final statements but still it leads to Abuse like a s club party!!! I hope Eurosport get kept in the loop somehow,shame as some ppl Won't be able to afford these prices,given the choice moto gp site itself offers better and free apps to watch on the go,might be better than we all think tho. Oh and Benny well downside me tickle that one did,wales to host gp eh?u Must be proud.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

BTvision

How many people have that shit ? I pay the full whack for all all sky and virgin channels I'm fucked if i'm paying bt as well nice one Dorna BBC coverage must of been a good selling point to sponsors,yet again greedy short sightedness wins the day dorna arseholes

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices