Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

Dani Pedrosa rode to an easy race victory at his home GP at Jerez, but the real talk of the race was a dramatic last corner collision between rookie Marc Marquez and defending champion Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo led early in the race, but a hard charging Pedrosa soon came through and got away, pulling out a gap right away as Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 May 2013 14:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Jack Russel

Oct 03

Jack Russel says:

Rubbin' is racin'.....

.....and this was racing. it is an incident that will polarise opinions and no one will have theirs changed no matter what everyone here says.

As for my thoughts on this? Lorenzo could have avoided colliding with Marquez as he was well alongside at the time Lorenzo turned in. no yellow card this time for Marquez but I am sure there will be time for others in the near future.  At least that last corner gave us something to talk about after what was pretty much a boring race after the first two laps.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Boo, hoo, hoo, 'Mr Jarvis, I've just had my arse kicked by Marquez, please make a complaint.'

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

One thing's for sure

Marquez is pure box office. Dorna must be both delighted and relieved that he's living up to expectations. He's fast, he wins, he scraps, he's dirty as hell and he's got thesmiling face of an angel. There is life after Rossi for MotoGP after all. Monkey, you say you're not certain if falling out with other riders makes him badly, we'll I'm goddamn positive he couldn't give a shit who he offends :) Spare a thought for Cal Cruthchlow, if the 4 in front stay upright then he's racing for 5th. Don't forget he's beating a lot of bikes and riders that millions and millions of pounds/euros have been lavished on, and yet it looks like he's getting replaced by a guy who couldn't even beat his team-mate. MotoGP has all of a sudden become absolutely compelling entertainment again.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Just seen the finger wagging tit (Lorenzo) on eurosport after Marquez tried to approach him on the podium. Keep it up Marquez, you'll get under his skin.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

I don't remember...

Seeing Rossi have to fight off a CRT in 20011/2012.. #dovi #GOAT #benny?

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Colonel

I've got to say, I totally gloated when Rossi did the same to Gibernau in '05.

If it hadn't have been for the action in the first couple of laps and the midfield tussles, the rest of the race would have been pretty dull.

Has anybody else noticed that Moto2 has gone from scrap-tastic madness in its early days to a clone of the 800s era?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Compelling..

Yeah..so quit your moaning about pay-per-view, dig deep into those empty pockets for £90..and support the sport you love.

Also..interesting that JL said "We still don't have a competitive bike..we need to improve it."

I guess that'll be down to Rossi & Burgess then after today?

My favourite technical guru, Spalders, also said that Crutchlow may well have the best Yamaha on the grid due to it's fuel tank being positioned further forward than the Lorenzo developed 2013 bike.

Tomoz at the test may well see Rossi on Cal's bike to evaluate the pro's and cons of a chassis that has more weight over the front..which is exactly what Val needs to play into his strengths as a rider.

Watch this space.. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JP4Hire

Aug 03

JP4Hire says:

F1

Sad to say but MotoGP is getting as boring as F1, although it is nice to see that Marquez is another rider who will fight like Rossi for a podium. Lorenzo & Pedrosa are like machines. They will never make a gamble to pass "quite happy sat in second place, get the kettle on"

Its time for a controlled ECU. If Honda doesnt like it, they can go and put more effort into World Superbike.

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Double standards

I also admit that when The Doctor hit Gib I thought that was ok BUT Rossi never made a habit of being half out of control several times a race like Marquez does. I thought he was in control when he hit Gib so kind of worse really. Strung out race only got fascinating in the last few seconds and Moto 2 a damp squib too. As for BT taking MotoGP off the BBC  I won't be buying and unless Vale can get more competitive I won't be bothering to watch.

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Interesting

Well the last corner was interesting and everyone is excited about the "New Boy".

Well Marco Simoncelli  was the last exciting "new boy" . And its not too bold a statement to say that many of todays Moto GP riders are still  alive and racing  due to the absence of " new boys".

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices