Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

Dani Pedrosa rode to an easy race victory at his home GP at Jerez, but the real talk of the race was a dramatic last corner collision between rookie Marc Marquez and defending champion Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo led early in the race, but a hard charging Pedrosa soon came through and got away, pulling out a gap right away as Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 354 days ago (05 May 2013 14:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

wosi

Ya remember 2006?...newer doesnt necessarily mean better...rossi went back to 05 chassis as 06 one chattered with full fuel and walked away from the field on his first race with it( lemans)....until his engine quit...last years yamaha seemed to be a great bike and well balanced...all 4 yamahas were strong out of the box right from the start of the season...wouldnt surprise me if rossi chooses to use last years bike with this years good bits...interesting test ahead...wont be good for cal though if the bike hes using is better....rossi and lorenzo will be even faster and cal will look stupid for complaining about his bike....

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

marquez pass

Was pretty blatent....looked like an online racing move lol....but awesome because it makes for a more exciting sradon if the title rivals hate each other....having lorenzo rattled will only help dani and vale....marquez seems to race them a bit cleaner....interesting....

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

YEAH BABY

Little Danny shut down the odds on favorite Lorenzo then when Lorenzo left a gaping hole for Marquez you knew he'd stick it in there if he didn't i for one would have been dissapointed and the reaction of Lorenzo says it all.

He knows that running wide would bring a lunge but being the ever so smug superstar he is probably thought the upstart would respect a multiple world champ.

Marc Marquez is the Rossi replacement he will quite probably smash all records that stand now, and i love fact that although he pulls the hard moves he never complains if they're put straight back on him old school hard racing, just what Moto GP needs.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

HRC may well be have put a bit to much pressure on Stefan Bradl, when they said they expected him to score a podium or 2. He's overridding big time. He should really settle for 6th places at the moment and build on that. He is and never will be an Allien, but top 3 is still possible in some races. I thought all 3 races were boring today. But Dani was verry impressive, after practice i never would have thought George wouldn't win with a massieve lead. Bautista did well in 6th. And 1st Showa rider:-)

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

???????????????

And idiotic statement of the week goes to -- --- -- -- -- -- --- "Ivanhoe"

{Well Marco Simoncelli  was the last exciting "new boy" . And its not too bold a statement to say that many of} {todays Moto GP riders are still  alive and racing  due to the absence of " new boys".}

What a prat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I agree the Marquez pass on Lorenzo was wild but on the other hand I hope no one gets hurt as the season progresses would have been worse if it was Dani.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Not a good move by Marquez

He was lucky to bump off of Jorge as he was headed straight to the gravel trap - he didn't have a chance in hell of making the corner. And on top of that there were numerous times he almost took out both himself and Jorge. He got away with it today but he would be wise to pick his spots better in the future.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Times must be bad for flossi if spalders is making excuses up for him.. Fancy Lorenzo the cheeky scamp pinching one of Cal's spare tanks to gain an advantage.. Oh. He didn't he's just a better rider... But with Rossi being the all time great genius he is.. Why didn't he just move his ego a little bit further forward to get a few more grams of weight over the front ..?

Reply to this Topic
Unbreakable

Feb 11

Unbreakable says:

3 winners in 3 races

And 2 for Honda vs 1 for Yam. Some here were saying that the Yam was the best bike. Doesn't look like it. It might even explain why CCru does so well on the 2012 Yam. Maybe the 2013 one isn't that good...

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

JL - the professional

Ahh come on people... JL is the consumate professional.

He agreed it was his mistake, he admited he foolishly left the door open then expected the wayward MM to run wide as he had done on turn 6  - however would not comment further as he was 'caldo (hot)' and didnt want to say something out of turn.

ergo

JL admits his mistake, wont let it happen again and promises fireworks.
I for one hope we see a return of the 250 JL - mad as a bag of rabid badgers and ready for a fight!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle