Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

Dani Pedrosa rode to an easy race victory at his home GP at Jerez, but the real talk of the race was a dramatic last corner collision between rookie Marc Marquez and defending champion Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo led early in the race, but a hard charging Pedrosa soon came through and got away, pulling out a gap right away as Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 May 2013 14:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

wosi

Spot on I say..

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

pathetic rant about a washed up rider..

..unhappy that Florence, bar Qatar, is going back to replicating his Ducati years on the Yam? i thought jerez was familiar territory and he would be mixing it up with the spaniards? seems like someone is a but unhappy the yellow lizard is getting outclassed on track (and in the media) by a rampant young spaniard.

poor wosi, maybe you can join the primadonnas in the factory yamaha team..... as the royal bitch!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Buy him out..

Personally..I reckon Marquez should move to Yamaha.

His whole attitude is far more suited to being Rossi's team mate.

Jorge & Dani are such prim and proper nice boys, it's obvious they like a cuddle so why not make it official at HRC?

Naughty lads Val & Marc would have a right giggle upsetting the politically correct racing applecart.

Yin & Yang, Chalk & Cheese, Night & Day..we'd have a fkin ball here.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

I find it strange..

that so many get insulting about MotoGP. As is (most often it seems these days) the attitude most often is: 'if you are a Rossi fan you're an idiot' or if you are/were a CS/JL/DP/MM fan likewise etc etc... how about putting a halt on all the emotion and just enjoy the best racers in the world get at each other? Why so many insults? Everyone has their favourite and their opinion, let them be? For my part, I AM a Rossi fan and NEVER liked CS for his tantrums.. but they are both essentially legends of the sport and have achieved much. Same for JL, DP, and one or two others.. I love watching the whole drama unfold -IS Rossi finished? IS MM the next great light of MotoGP? WHAT can JL and DP do to hold him off? IS Dovi really the #GOAT? All good stuff. Just enjoy the drama, skill, and technology that is MotoGP -if someone chooses to support a different rider/team to you, so what? Informed/rational (even some irrational!) opinions always worth reading. 'Rant' over..

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

T-Boned Lorenzo...??

Smackbum, you do know the shape of a T-Bone don't you?

Lorenzo was way out wide. Marquez went down the inside and there was still about 6 feet between them as they were both turning in. They were still both turning in with space between them when Marquez was almost a bike length ahead. Lorenzo must have been able to see him, definitely hear him, as he would have been in his eyeline looking towards the apex.

Marquez looked as though he would struggle to pull the bike up enough to make the corner without running well wide but Lorenzo actually bumped him back on line by turning into him. What Lorenzo was doing right out there only he knows, he didn't look as though he'd overdone anything or out-braked himself, he seemed to be turning in no problem. Can only assume he was trying to anticipate Marquez doing what he did in order to turn back under him but just misjudged it.

Marquez made a genuine attempt at a pass in the gap Lorenzo left and didn't try to use Lorenzo to make the corner. Fuss over nothing and nothing like 2005. More worrying were the wild attempts by Marquez at other times and he was lucky not to have had them both off.

The hypocrisy shown by some of the more hysterical posters on here is amusing. Applauding the fact (in their eyes) that Marquez has punted another rider off track to stir things up a bit - last year whining that Stoner couldn't fight on track and them screaming foul for his Mugello pass on Bautista. Pussies one and all.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

His whole attitude is far more suited to being Rossi's team mate.

And I thought you hated riders' love-ins Wosi...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

criticism

from one as logically and semantically challenged as  you El D, with your current constant resort to the scatological in the obvious absence of anything in the way of arguments, is something I can easily live with.

I have no problem with recognising Valentino's greatness or remembering his achievements. It is the nonsensical attitude of you and your ilk to the achievements of other riders with which I take issue.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Well..slap our wrists with a bag of powdered jelly-babies DF.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

doohanfan how many times have you felt you needed to post that same topic?? I'm a huge admirer but...... way too many for it to be considered mere senility....

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Dovi not trying

While we are on the subject of Rossi's riding........I see that Dovi (who is highly regarded by some people) is way off the pace. Does this mean that that he isn't trying, like some accused Rossi of doing. Or does it mean that Ducati are still not listening to the riders and the bike is a heap of shit.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices