Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

Dani Pedrosa rode to an easy race victory at his home GP at Jerez, but the real talk of the race was a dramatic last corner collision between rookie Marc Marquez and defending champion Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo led early in the race, but a hard charging Pedrosa soon came through and got away, pulling out a gap right away as Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 May 2013 14:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

What's the chances that Lorenzo's team will lodge a formal complaint?

JL was incredibly diplomatic at parc ferme, but clearly pissed off as hell.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Diplomatic in parc ferme?

"JL was incredibly diplomatic at parc ferme, but clearly pissed off as hell."

I though he was still seething in parc ferme (to the point of refusing MM's hand) but the media training had kicked in before the post-race interviews.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Light the touch fuse..

Jarvis said it all on BBC MotoGP extra..Lorenzo left the door open at the last corner of the last lap.

He did it at Brno last year with Pedrosa..when's he gonna learn that this is racing?

Pedrosa?..Fantastic race.

Marquez?..Full of spunk, but of the different variety to a lot of chummy fans here.

Rossi?..If he didn't know it before, time waits for no man.

Crutchlow?..Proud of him.

Special mention to Espargaro..and Bradley.

Dovi?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Oh yes, nice ride by Dani and passing Jlo in Lorenzo corner the icing on the cake for the young pretender. Yam in serious trouble, as Honda are clearly as far ahead as last year but have I suspect a better team than they did last year. Rossi clearly gambling with set up again ala cota, his team have the least data available to them, as they've all been with ducati the last two years and they are clearly guessing on what works, his 1.1 off the pace in warm up would seem to confirm that, they'll get faster as they get on top of the bike, he was faster than that this weekend.. Marquez is brillinat just th ewhat th esport needed, racing incident and fortunately more run off than in Gibbers day, lorenzos corner...nice... Nostro perhaps you could give us one of your tedious entirely one sided diatribes on ducatis success since they got rid of Rossi and threw the shackles off.. it actually looked slightly competitive last year in comparison.. Now Cal top 5 is brilliant keep it up, if he wants ot beat Rossi regularly he'll have to do it now whilst they haven't got an angle on the bike, not sure Rossi's team even have a base setting yet..

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

prima donnas in yamaha?

poor  flossi, i see hes still riding like in his ducati years....and jlo wiggling his fingers?! hes looking like an outright tit.

Good job by the honda boys...another 1-2 and in yamaha land..apparently

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Wosi

Jarvis could be right about leaving the door open at the last corner, but lately Jorge has been in so few scraps, he is probably out of practice!!!! I've still yet to pass judgement on Rossi.....he could be just passed it, or as hugelean says, it could be lack of data.....a few more races before i count him out, after all, he wasn't far behind Jorge. Yes MM does make it exciting, something that has been lacking the past few years.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

great race

awesome to see dani open his win account...that will erase any doubts he may have had. Many of us knew dani was just getting up to speed but for the fools that said hes lost it after two races, wake up! Same thing goes for rossi...he is clearly a step behind...now...but he will get up to speed too. The ducati years have affected him...confidence wise on the bike, but i think more importantly running over super sics head and killing him has rocked his world....along with edwards they are not quite the same anymore. Its not just age, although that is part. Rossi will get better as season goes, and will win races this year. He likes le mans and it will be good for yamaha. Its fantastic that marquez is so scrappy....the championship needed that after the love fest of the previous rossi-less years. I already predicted the spanish egos would cause problems this year( and i also said rossi would benefit by it....he didnt this time but it could have been different if marquez took jorge out), and its heating up for lots of trips to the kitty litter. The paved runoff is the only thing that saved jorges 3rd place. Exciting season ahead and one that will be talked about for years to come!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I'm not counting Rossi out..the panache and spirit of Qatar was only a few weeks ago..

For a period in the middle part of the race, he was as fast as Pedrosa & Lorenzo and I thought maybe he'd close the gap and fight for 2nd after taking care of his tyres..

But MM duffed him up and he dropped away and had little to offer at a track he loves.

There's a long way to go yet..and it ain't over til it's over.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yeah it was an easy win for Dani in the end but this race actually reminded me of Jerez 2005 when Rossi barged into Gibernau gotta say war has started between Lorenzo and Marquez this has just made the championship more interesting to watch. These three guys are in a world of their own when it comes to racing. Pedrosa easy day once he went past JL knew he was gonna win. Marquez thought at one stage his tyres are gone its a lonely 3rd place but the main talking point his pass on Lorenzo which nearly forced him to crash just this one move has got the championship talking. Lorenzo every right to be angry every rider would feel the same thought he was gonna win the race. Rossi correct in saying there is no way he can match the pace of the top three he actually proved me wrong I predicted Cal would beat him again but didn't still reckon he will at least win 1-2 races nothing more. Hayden what more is there to say for him. Dovi would have been completely humiliated had a CRT beaten him on his worse track. Cal super effort not much needs to be said. Hats off to Aleix he gave Dovi a good run for his money.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

MM is starting to feel comfortable and that means his scrapping, rough actions are starting to blossom. Not certain that he loses sleep if he falls out with other riders. He WILL have more of these events and that can only be good for the show!

Rossi almost benefitted from the JL/MM coming together. Without the run-off JL would have missed the podium, if not eaten kitty litter altogether.

I wouldn't make excuses for the team not having enough data - probably more Rossi trying to get the M1 to suit him rather than Lorenzo. Looking like wins are going to come really hard for him, though.

And Dani? Same old same old. Fast as fuck out in front, and will win given no opposition.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices