Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Pedrosa wins as Marquez and Lorenzo collide

Dani Pedrosa rode to an easy race victory at his home GP at Jerez, but the real talk of the race was a dramatic last corner collision between rookie Marc Marquez and defending champion Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo led early in the race, but a hard charging Pedrosa soon came through and got away, pulling out a gap right away as Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 May 2013 14:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Yorgi is on a hiding to nothing with this one coz ye can guarantee Rossis fans are gonna side with MM on this one,A coz they aint got nowt to shout about his performance and B coz hes used these tactics himself.Marquez apologized,ermmmm so that sort of sugests he knew he was in the wrong.Come on Dorna thought you'd made a new rule this year of a  penalty point system to stop this kind of riding.

Well done Dani, is this the start of the end of last seasons form,well done a batterd Cal.Sadly Bradley like Rossi last in the order of what there bike are capable of.

Congrats to Laverty for his first points I just wish PB would swap his bike with Yonnis.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

fooking great race was the move that marc put jorge the same as rossi on gibernau all those years ago lol

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

What do you do if you get pushed wide? You pick up the bike and turn as wide as the overtaker dictates. I don't know is Lorenzo knew Marquez was there in time, but he surely refused to concede the position to him and decided to turn as if he owns the corner. Hard move but acceptable.

Reply to this Topic
bartman1988

Oct 12

bartman1988 says:

noddy i bet you are a real dull person arnt you.how can you penalise a rider for wanting to finish as high a possible.yes it was a hard move but lorenzo didnt exactly defend the corner.what was it senna said years back "if there is a gap i go for it if i no longer go for the gap then i am no longer racing".would you rather see them change the format to a time trial so there is no risk of anybody bumping fairings.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Next year

Who does the commentary on MotoGP.com? And are Eurosport losing their rights too? One way or another I'll have to pay to watch MotoGP next year. I've got nothing against giving my money to MotoGP.com, but I really don't like the idea of giving a penny to a scumbag company like BT

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Senna had moirrors to see it coming and this aint Gotham City with all the Kapows an all that mate it's a race tack,allways belived that Sics pass on Dani was fair coz he was going around the outside but the last thing I want to see is a championship ruined by a bad move and the title defender and him being taken off to hospital with broken limbs.Strange thing is I do see the Joker when Marquez smiles,

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Hard move

But Lorenzo left the door open, not the easiest tracks to pass on either, i was more concerned but the number of times MM nearly plowed into the back of the Jorge ,earlier in the race. Yes exciting to watch but dangerous all the same. The boy is rapid but alittle too wild for me at moment.

Reply to this Topic
whemy

Oct 10

whemy says:

thats racing

rossi must be feeling like the old dog now way back in fourth not a niff at the podium lucky for him in his younger days he didnt have any major competition to be the 9 times world champion.marc did nothing wrong he passed jorge far but lorenzo didnt want to give best even though marquez was at least half a bike length in front of him in to the corner..isnt this what moto gp needs someone to make it more exciting !

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

No competition?

Except a certain Pedrosa, Stoner and Lorenzo in 2008 and 2009, I'd call that world class competition. Even Gibernau managed to push Rossi at times till he lost his mental edge. My thoughts on the move where while it was close to call it was just a little on the side of over exuberant, it was a lunge from a long way back, like Rossi to Gibernau, and also reminiscent of the move Capriossi won his 250cc championship with.

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

I'm kind of hoping this lights a fire under Jorges ego and we see a return to his 250 style of racing :D

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices