Skip to content

General guns or homicides? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > guns or homicides?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Valko

May 12

Valko says:

guns or homicides?

UK is an exception, but unfortunately for the most of the world more guns means less homicides:

GUNS vs Homicides

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 May 2013 23:13)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Valko...

'intentional' being the operative word there I think....do they mean premeditated or someone shooting their neighbour dead over a parking dispute?....Africa is understandable,as quite a lot of the Countries there are usually in some state of civil war at any given time......are you an NRA member by any chance?

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

evening valko

Think I have been here before with you:winkie:. Going to sit this one out :tongue:

Psssst oldish.  ex special services watch ya P's and Q's

Reply to this Topic
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

oldish

does been NRA member supposed to be evil :shock:

I wish there was NRA in Europe, but there is no one here so no I am not :biggrin:

Intentional or not been killed is not pleasant, so better to have a gun and not use it, then to need it but not have it.

And the map shows European countries too, in Switzerland or Germany you can buy a gun and I am not aware any civil wars happening there, the most likely reason to die in Switzerland is from boredom :lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Or

Too much cheese :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Valko

May 12

Valko says:

or fondue

eating, I remember the news some time ago some poor tourist guys were eating the gel fuel used to heat the fondue by mistake, it was not fatal thank God :lol:

Having gun in that case will not help, there is no cure for stupidity :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Had the 'Gel'

been fatal, surely that would be the cure for stupidity. Unless of course he had already bore offspring :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Valko...

No not evil,just heavily biased about the 'freedom' having a cache of lethal fire arms can bring you.By their fuzzy logic if we were all tooled up in the U.K. we could get murder rates down to zero. Switzerland,I think all males over 21 have to do 'civil defence' duties,so will probably at some point have army issue fire arms,but will certainly not have a large supply of ammunition.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

So selective as to be a lie

Typical gun touting american brevado.

The figures are very very very subjective as they are very selective in what intentional homicide refers to. The total figure for US homicides be it intentional or not is actually 32 times bigger than the figure quoted  in the link Valko gave (both set of figures from the (UNODC 2012) UNODC Homicide Statistics 2012).

The truth of the matter is that some parts of the american populas are extremely gung ho about killing and its a natural go to response for whenever they're criticised/ embarassed/ upset/ scared. The problem is the mentallity of a significant proportion of the american people who own guns. Arming those types of people doesn't make life safer for other individuals.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

the map doesn't

actually say the 'homicides', (:mellow:listen old chap we are mostly British)...., are by means of a firearm......And the so called low numbers of firearms in the African regions and Brazil seems wildly optimistic, not like the criminal world are going to register their weapons...:huh:....

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

'guns or homcides?'

..decisions, decisions .....It's a tough one...

'cake or a thick ear?' ......is a so much better choice..

..can we not have that ..it's more 'British after all. :mellow:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices