Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi worried by Honda form MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi worried by Honda form

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi worried by Honda form

Valentino Rossi admitted a second successive Honda 1-2 was cause for concern after he failed to battle for a podium in a controversial Spanish MotoGP race in Jerez yesterday. The Italian finished in a lonely fourth place after an early tussle with Repsol Honda rookie Marc Marquez, who went onto make all the headlines with an aggressive last corner pass on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 May 2013 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aah..

That explains it..

I've spent many a happy hazy day rambling inanely in Amsterdam myself.

One of wosi's favourite towns.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Who was the guy who said last year we will see Rossi back on a competitive bike its looks like as it was at Ducati a difficult season for Mr Rossi despite being on a title winning bike.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Rev

Wait to the end of the season.......too early to call.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

"the drivel his fans put into print on here. Such as VR never goes well at a new track". The fan stating so, in this specific instance is Cal Crutchlow. I'm disappointed with rossi's performance yet what you say is really paranoid. Man, you do not win 9 Championship because of luck or because of sponsors: timesheets do not lie, as much as they did not lie yesteday on Rossi's performance, they did not lie in the past when he was winning left and right. If you think rossi opponents were not strong, maybe you were not watching motogp back then. Because, as a matter of fact, you'd know then that Rossi's greatest strenghts have always been two: racecraft and, thanks to that, an ability to make total mash of his opponents, so that they did, indeed, end up looking like they weren't good. But the point is the opposite to yours, it's after competing with rossi that people like you thought of those riders as second class riders, not before. The only rider who was holding up to rossi was JL, that's the rider who's lasted the longest, however I always thought Rossi's injury arrived right at the point when JL was to be put to the final test by VR. I do concede however to you that there weren't as many riders as in the last 5 years all able to compete for the championship. Indirectly, you've seen a bit of what Rossi was (still is? don't know) just yesterday: Marquez making a move, sorry, THAT move, on lorenzo, changed, at least in part, the perception of the champion Lorenzo is. I'm sure in many a person's mind Lorenzo seems not as strong as they thought him up until saturday. And that's the strenght of Marquez. You've already seen Marquez is getting under lorenzo's skin, will he be able to completely fuck him up? Time will tell. Marquez likely is, rightly so, the new rossi. But in 10 years time there'll be deniers like you saying Marquez was only winning because racing on the best bike and against a washed up old champion (VR), a hard-working-dog-but-not-real-champion (JL), and a a second class champion (DP), none of that real competition. Rossi earned his name not by chance, same reason why Marquez is making the news. He's fast, flamboyant and he is the toughest shit on race day. When the USA arrived in Auschwitz, Eisenhower told his troops to take as many photos and shoots of what they were witnessing because "in 50 years time there'll be idiots claiming this never happened". Bulto, what do you want to claim?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Arrrrr

Slit.  At last someone who understands the process of "Evolution"  And as i am with Rossi at the last two races.  If a certain #27 had carried on.  As the years pass he would have taken less risks, got slower and younger and faster riders would come a long and stuffed him. 

Rossi did just the same as MM is doing now all those years ago when he moved up the ranks and winning world championships.  MM is the future of GP racing and he will keep fans watching it for many years to come, then he will get old and some new up-start will come a long and the circle of life will continue once more! 

PS - i still think Rossi has wins in him.  The 1st race proved that.   Would love to see Rossi and MM going at it lap after lap.  You know they would not settle for points!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Slit

I don't want to claim anything, I don't know what you're on about.... Here's some examples of said drivel

Rossi's a 9 times champion and no-one can touch him,  he's only beaten when disadvantaged. He lost in 2006 because the bike was bad because Yamaha got it wrong (but when it was good it was credited to him and Burgess, not Yamaha) He lost in 2007 because Stoner had the best blah blah blah. He won in 2008 / 2009 because he handed out a lesson to everyone else once he had a good bike again. Lorenzo only won in 2010 because Rossi was injured, if he hadn't been he'd have beaten Lorenzo. His results were poor in 2011 / 2012 because he was on the Ducati, if he was on the Yamaha he'd have easily beaten Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner. When he signed for Yamaha the hype began again and after the Qatar result all the fckwits came hurtling out of their hidey holes blabbering on about Rossi's back and would have beaten Lorenzo if he hadn't made the mistakes he did...  COTA was a poor result because he doesn't like new tracks. Two races after the hype of Qatar, no win, no podium and now it's because the Yamaha is inferior and it's all Lorenzo's fault. If he had a Honda he'd be winning...

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Oh c'mon you idiots

Barring injury to the top 3, Rossi is going to be no better than 4th in the standings this year. Period. As I stated 2.5 years ago when he went to Ducati that he wasn't going to turn them around because he's no engineer or fucking designer, I stated last year he wasn't going to be any better than 4th. He's not better than Jorge. He's not better than Danny. I had Casey in the top 3 but still he's not better then Marquez. Shit, Rossi is lucky Casey isn't around or he would be no better than 5th. Deal with it - it is what it is. The guy isn't going to be on top of the sport forever - Father Time comes for everyone. Jorge didn't give a damn about Rossi crawling back to Yamaha because he know he has Rossi covered morning, noon, and night. No need to be yapping on MCN all day and night about this or that - face the fact that Rossi isn't the best rider anymore. Get over it.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Unfortunately age is something that happens to all of us. When you hit the floor it hurts more and for longer. No matter how much you exercise your muscles get weaker as the years pass. I can't really explain it, but you'll find out one day. It affects your eyesight, depth perception ETC You may have the fight in your mind, but your body just will not let you do what you want it to.

Rossi will always be a great, the record books will always show what a talent he was. Will he win a race? Maybe. Will he win another championship? Doubtful. But MotoGP needs him for as long as he needs MotoGP. Those of you who hate him are just envious, anyone who is successful gets the same treatment. I understand that, it's human nature.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

So ElDiablo

Please explain to me how I'm trolling Rossi? Because I know reality and not one of the believers that think he's gonna raise from the dead, give sight to the blind, heal the sick, and walk on water? Some of you sound like the blinkered F1 lot who thought Schumacher was gonna jump back in the car and win seven more titles. And just like I told them - face the facts of the matter. Wake the fuck up. Rossi will have some brilliant days like Qatar and may even win a couple in the right conditions but he's not winning the title anymore nor is he going to finish ahead of the top 3 barring injury to one of them. Sorry to piss on your parade in paradise but it's not going to happen.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Shut up Dawg..telling everybody how you told them so.

I remember you telling us all how Spies was the 5th Alien and how Cal would be Wibbly Wobbling round at the back on a bike he didn't deserve?

You're no different to any other deluded flag waving fucko on this site..

Nowhwere to be found after Qatar were you? 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices