Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi worried by Honda form MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi worried by Honda form

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi worried by Honda form

Valentino Rossi admitted a second successive Honda 1-2 was cause for concern after he failed to battle for a podium in a controversial Spanish MotoGP race in Jerez yesterday. The Italian finished in a lonely fourth place after an early tussle with Repsol Honda rookie Marc Marquez, who went onto make all the headlines with an aggressive last corner pass on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 May 2013 09:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nostro's absolutely right..

..why worry about the Honda's when you're being comprehensively smoked by your team mate? Pull your head out of Uccio's ass and wake up and smell the latte..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yes buelligan (apologies hugelean)

whether it is whinging or not obviously depends on the identity of the rider and whether the poster concerned is a fan or not. QED.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well that's just it isn't it Buelli

"fairly obvious to the average spectator"

I think you're being a little over generous in your judgement self perception, but nonetheless we (should) all know what happened here. Lorenzo wasn't able to use all the tyre he wanted due to track temperature. This complaint will be a familiar one from both the smooth flowing style YMC boys this year. These heavier machines are going to degrade the tyre quicker than last year. Both Honda riders use a more point and squirt style, not riding the edge quite so hard as Lorenzo. This is a technique advantage to the Repsol boys, not a machine advantage.

Buelli you remain as wet as you ever were.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

seems to me some of the comments below have struck a cord with the Flossiphiles, especially El Douche ....tehehehe

Reply to this Topic
naj46

Nov 12

naj46 says:

helllo u alll!!

IT IS VERY OBVIOUS THAT HONDA HAS HAD THE PACKAGE FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS....LORENZO WON THE CHANPIONSHIP LAST YEAR IS BECAUSE STONER WAS OUT OF THE GAME DUE TO INJURY AND DANI JUST COULDNT GET THE GRIP TILL IT WAS TO LATE FOR HIM TO KEEP CHARGE..... SO MY POINT AND OPINION SAYS THAT HONDA IS THE BEST PACKAGE OUT THERE.......ROSSI AND JORGE MUST LOOK FOR ALTERNATIVES (MEANING IMPROVE THE DAMN YAMAHA PACKAGE) OR ELSE SAY BY TO THE WORLD TITLE....... AS LONG AS THE PACKAGE IS DAMMMMN GOOOD THE CHAMPIONSHIP GOES TO THEM.....WE ARE LOOKING AT ALL WORLD CHAMPIONS FROM DANI TO VALI TO JORGE.....ETC...TO BAUTISTA.. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE VALI ON THE HONDA.. THATS ALL VOLKS..

Reply to this Topic
mchale2020

Apr 12

mchale2020 says:

Tuning Forks

In the case of Qatar, the track was reported to be covered with sand and the difficult conditions played into the favor of the M1s (at least that's what Cal said) Anybody watching Rossi close in on 2nd via onboard camera towards the end of the race could tell MM was on the absolute limit to try and battle Rossi. The heat at Jerez was a huge issue for the Yamahas as it was cooking their tires and reducing edge grip, which is the primary advantage for the M1s against the Hondas. I think to watch Lorenzo get on pole position and slowly back slide to have to defend from MM and end up in third demonstrates that point clearly. Watching his lines throughout the race and giving MM plenty of chances to attack throughout shows to me there was some kind of issue with the Yamahas, especially when Jorge is usually as consistent as he is. I think Rossi saw that 4th was probably the best he was going to do for the conditions and settled on damage control as opposed to pushing himself into an eventual crash for nothing. Yamaha has a lot of work to do to stay competitive against the RCV. Not having the seamless shift gear box and a limited budget against the Juggernaut that is Honda means that every advantage will be critical and any kind of disadvantage will have that much more impact on their championship effort. I also think the M1 is down on peak power compared to the Honda since it has to spin a balance shaft whereas the RCV doesn't need one and that parasitic effect is massive at this level of racing. So from my side of the fence, I agree with VR. MM is also the next generation of GP riding and he can force the bike to sort itself, almost as well as CS at this point and DP is as fierce as always.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

You'd love to see Rossi on the Honda?

"I WOULD LOVE TO SEE VALI ON THE HONDA."

So would Lin Jarvis.

Reply to this Topic
naj46

Nov 12

naj46 says:

mchale2020

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U BUDDY... I HAVE A QUESTION FOR U. WHAT DO U THINK IF VALE AND MARC WERE ON THE HONDA?? WHO WOULD U PICK FOR THE WORLD TITLE.

Reply to this Topic
naj46

Nov 12

naj46 says:

I THINK EVERY TRACK HAS CHARACTERISTICS THAT FIT TO YAMAHAS AND HONDAS.... AND TO CHANGE THAT ONLY ONE DOCTOR COULD MAKE IT HAPPEN AND THA IS "THE DOCTOR 46" WITH ALL DO RESPECT TO OTHER RIDERS I WOULD PICK ROSSI AND BET MY MONEY ON....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So the Honda is the best bike because for 2 out of 3 races it has finished an average of 2 seconds in front of a Yamaha.

In the remaining race, the Yamaha was 6 seconds ahead of the Hondas - more if Lorenzo hadn't knocked it off.

Hmmm

We must assume then that Yamaha are providng their factory riders with two completely different bikes then, as In all three races, one factory Yamaha has finished on average 10 seconds ahead of the second factory Yamaha (in terms of real speed, not counting time lost when punted off track or coasting at the end)

Seeing as how it is all down to bikes and not rider performance as to who finishes in front

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices