Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo silent on last corner controversy in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo silent on last corner controversy in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo silent on last corner controversy in Jerez

Jorge Lorenzo repeatedly refused to express his views on the controversial last corner overtake by Marc Marquez that left the factory Yamaha rider third and overwhelmed by anger and frustration at the end of yesterday's Spanish MotoGP race. The reigning world champion thought he had second place secured after Marquez botched an attempted overtake at Turn 6 on the last lap. But...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 349 days ago (06 May 2013 09:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

chris

I do remember in jerez a couple of years back a Repsol rider standing inside the first corner clapping the rider that punted him off - now that was another display of professionalism haha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That particular riders race was done due to someone elses stupid actions. MM was a prick imo but at least JLo finished.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

PaseyCasey

Remember this one!!!  now that was another display of professionalism haha

MM is a racer not a moaner

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/racing/motogp-casey-stoner-punches-randy-de-puniet-warm-up/

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Pacey

The point is not the incident but the response.

How much better would CS have looked if his only respost to VR that day was the beautiful phrase 'ambition outweighed your talent' and not the childish handclapping at turn 1...

JL is pissed, he knows it was his fault and he knows he has done the same (nice link btw Hello4646) and worse leading to an exclusion from the 2005 Malaysian GP.

Its the wake up call JL and the Championship needs - it wasnt extreme or dangerous, just hard and opportunistic.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Hello4646

Nice find for the old JL video - he was an fugly kid but talented...

I think the inclusion of the CS RdP incident is unfair - lest we forget CS being fined in Estoril 2006 for baulking Pedrosa during qualifying. Professionalism goes two ways, CS responded in Estoril by apologising to Pedorsa straight away. DP responded by taking out Hayden

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Marquez was in front of Lozenger in that corner, it looked to me like Lozenger crashed into Marquez on purpose. Was it to knock him off? Or put him off? Or was it simply to get Marquez in trouble?

I suspect that is why Lozenger has kept quiet, he knows it was his fault whether it was on purpose or not. Good on race direction for not penalising Marquez, we really need fairing and elbow bashing back in MotoGP, sadly lacking due to Lozenger, Moaner and Perdrona crying to their mummy when they got beaten up in a corner.

Go get 'em Marquez!

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Contrary to ignorant opinion ..

..MotoGP is not a contact sport.

There are ways to block-pass a competitor, but this wasn't a good example.  Marqy Marc knew Jorge took a wide entry into the last corner and plotted a course to intercept it, regardless of the fact that it in no way resembled a racing line.  If Jorge knew that was MM's intention he probably would have let him slide on through and easily regained 2nd, but by the time he heard/saw MM appear it was all too late.

As I said before, race direction couldn't claim that MM made deliberate contact and so did not penalise him ... but if he doesn't grow up soon he might find himself in the the same place that Marco was in 2011.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

ABSURB

marc is very very dangerous rider. he cann't do that to jorge. few people had died because of incident. cann't he realize it since moto2??? and he didn't got penalized. honda is crazy to back marc. if you want to pass a rider, not with that style. no! but some part i felt that lorenzo knew marc is coming, but he tried, late, to close the door. he thought marc would pass to the right since he was so fast. instead, he stop and collision happened. but still, i think marc is dangering other people. FIM should give penalize since it's the new law since the beginning of season.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

No rule against it Smackhead

If you're going to bump, on the brakes at the slowest corner on the track is the safest place to do it.

Jorge should have known better. It's not the first time he's lost a position on the last corner.

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

This is similar to the Pedrosa/Simoncelli incident, where Dani bust his collar bone. Dani has the perfect racing line around the corner, and the Simo storms up the inside using the other rider to assist their breaking to get round the conrer, with out any concern to the rider on the racing line. I think Simo got t ride through for that.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Simo

Went round the outside.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle