Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi rejects new Yamaha chassis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi rejects new Yamaha chassis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi rejects new Yamaha chassis

Valentino Rossi will continue to race the ‘standard’ factory Yamaha YZR-M1 frame he’s used in the opening three rounds of 2013 after failing to find any benefit from a new chassis he tested in Jerez yesterday (Monday). Rossi tested the latest spec 2013 frame during a weather-hit final pre-season test in Jerez in late March, and opted to start the campaign...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 08:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Le Mans is arguably more a Yamaha track than Jerez.

Rossi was on the rostrum there both years he rode for Ducati.

Qatar was a great result for Yamaha. Austins results were expected-ish. Better for Cal, worse for Val, par for Jorge.

Jerez, Yamaha were hoping for better results, no doubt, but all riders pointed to the Bridgestone front saying the hard option was too soft in the heat. An anomaly?..possibly.

We know Rossi still has what it takes to be competitive but, Qatar aside, he has to be a little disappointed so far.

We also know the RCV is a great package and has advantages in certain areas..but that don't mean the Yamaha is uncompetitive like Lorenzo said on Sunday.

You'd hope, given the flak Bridgestone copped at the weekend, they will get their tyre choice spot on for France.

If they do and Yamaha are a way off, with Rossi in particular struggling, it looks like it could be a very long year for all concerned.

If they do better, as they need to, it will re-ignite the riders championship..which is what we all want to see.

I don't think many of us, whichever colour pants you wear, particularly want a season dominated by technology and the bikes. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bleedin' 'eck

It's one of those rare days in which Wosi puts his most sensible of Worzel Gummidge heads on.

Yamaha's travails with tyres goes right back to the introduction of the type 33 tyre in the early part of last season. The tyre specifically introduced to try and assist making the then world nr.7 more competitive. At the time there were no complaints from riders with the new for 2012 standard front tyre, yet B/stone brought two new constructions to test - after Rossi had a private test on this rubber all by himself. The chosen 33 and the firmer construction type 31 preferred by the HRC boys.

Fast forward to 2013 on machines 3kg heavier and we're getting the types of complaints this punter expected from the Yamaha boys. Tyre life. Both have similar high lean, riding the edge of the tyre for longer styles - as opposed to the Repsol boys with their more abrupt transitions with less time spent on the edge. I bet both the world champ & the world nr.6 wish they had the type 31, or even the initial 2012 Bridgestone front tyre now.

Ah, the delicious perversity of it all.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

"I don't think many of us, whichever colour pants you wear, particularly want a season dominated by technology and the bikes. "

I hear you, but that's the way it's been for decades in this sport. We like to think it's just the rider and his mechanics, but sadly it's got a lot to do with the factory and the egg-heads behind the scene.

We'll get a better picture of how things pan out after a few more races. I don't think we can right off Yamaha because of one race. I still think it goes around the twisty bits better than the Hondas, and Jorge looked unstoppable during practice. So Yamaha has a good package there.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Re-ignite the riders championship!!! 3 riders within 4 points you dickhead! Whoever isn't winning is always gonna want more. And what it is you don't understand about your boyfriend not being able to keep up?

Christ Wosi, I swear you're getting dumber by the day!

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Can anyone tell me when the current single tyre manufacturer agreement run out? Next season or just indefinite?

I'm getting bored of myself saying the same thing....get the door open to all tyre companies again. I suspect Ducati could benefit greatly if they could test Michelins/ Pirellis/ Dunlops and I genuinely think the CRT's would too.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

as I recall nostradamus, and to which you no doubt refer,

despite subsequent revisionism Stoner's "complaint" (rather than Nakomoto's, who did say they should have made both tyres available and/or kept the old tyre as well) was not that the vote had been held, or that the tyre didn't suit him, but that the tyre for which the majority had voted would prove insufficiently durable in race conditions.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I was referring to his comment after the vote,

which is when he said the selected tyre was insufficiently durable. He may have on other occasions said it made the honda chatter, possibly because it made the honda chatter.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

And Pedrosa said exactly the same thing Diablo - get it right

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Wosi, I hear you

And a very good post. Technology is very important in this series as it directly filters down to us on the road, but it should be the rider who makes the difference on track and no the bike. Bridgestone needs to make more tyre compounds available for the race weekends. Cost cutting my arse, it's costing the paddock a fortune picking bits of their carbon out of the gravel traps. Lazy Jap buggers!!

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

I would also like

to see all tyre man allowed into motogp

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN