Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati ‘lab’ bike gets lukewarm reception from Dovizioso and Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati ‘lab’ bike gets lukewarm reception from Dovizioso and Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati ‘lab’ bike gets lukewarm reception from Dovizioso and Hayden

Andrea Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden tested Ducati’s ‘lab’ bike in Jerez yesterday (Monday) and both reported only minimal gains over the factory Desmosedici GP13 they are currently racing in MotoGP. The development machine features a revised aluminium chassis and has been ridden extensively by Michele Pirro in private testing. And the Italian raced the experimental bike to a respectable 11th place as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 09:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Is anyone surprised?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

numpty nostro

nostro might be..he was all excited that Dovi was so close to Rossi on Monday.
One fast lap says it all!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Mirrors

Dovi needs mirrors on that Duke to watch out for those pesky CRT's on his ass, whatever is done to that Duke there's still no-body riding it capable of a podium, never mind a win,. They're washed up in WSB, MotoGP, and nowt from BSB.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

They're still trying to polish that turd

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Just admit,that its shite,& either quit or go back to the drawing board & start again

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ever had an original thought

or proffered a discourse that makes others think about GP matters on here Buelli? No, you haven't have you. Vacuously skipping down the long winding yellow brick road to nowhere.

Dovi turned one 'quick' lap' The world nr.6 turned a mere two 'quick' laps. All three laps within 0.1 secs of each other.

According the the little yellow bed wetters like yourself Rossi is supposed to be some form of demi-god, with preternatural skills, able to ride any motorcycle into the winners circle.

Not so is it? As Nostro's been telling you for three years now Rossi raised the bar to a level, which had subsequently been raised again by the three young ones to a level too high for the world nr.6 to jump over. Perhaps MM is about to raise this bar further? Rossi is not old, nor lacking in enthusiasm, he's just not talented enough to compete at the pointy end.

Nor is Dovi or Hayden for that matter. So again like the past two years we'll probably never really know how good or otherwise that Ducati is unless they take a performance jump over the Japanese marques.

All that said it is clear Corse are on the right path after the hectic Rossi panic lead years. I do expect better results from them in the second half of 2013. Although with only five engines to play with, this too could be a difficult feat.

Will they be able to entice a genuinely fast rider on board 2014? Crutchlow has to be a target again. Redding is going the right way to being considered with a style far more suited to the Duke I believe than Iannone.

I reckon either of those Repsol boys would be able to put that Duke on the box regularly though.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

The king is dead long live the king

Ducati needs to put Ben on garden leave for the rest of the year,move Ianone to the works team and use Nicky has team leader at Pramac, stick a million pound worm on and go fishing for a young rider  with balls and skill to take up the challange.Stoner dragged the performance out of Dani in 2011/2012 now Marquez is doing it. Yorgi and Yam haven't lost the edge but repsol have a team with fire in their bellies,Yam should also get shot of .....if they want any championships this year.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Data & prostitution..

Rossi got sick of banging his head against a wall with Corse's inability to supply solutions.

The main problem was Preziosi's insistence he knew best how the bike should be engineered, based on interpreting data. The riders feedback came a very distant second. This was before he went cap in hand to Furasawa for a design lesson and offered to fall on his sword. Then got sacked.

So, when Dovizioso says, "But we have to study the data to understand something more than what I feel."..you know that nothing has changed.

Clinging to the belief that there is a rider out there who can turn fortunes around without the advantage of custom built tyres is futile.

Fans of the marque lament the binning of failed design concepts and dream of Stoners return. They are living in cloud cuckoo land.

No top rider worth his salt would entertain a move to Bologna, money isn't everything..as Andrea is finding out.

The GP bike is barely faster than CRT. The Panigale is a beautiful looking machine but can't cut it on a racetrack either, yet seems to be the new corporate identity going forward.

You have to wonder how long Audi & Marlboro will bail out this sinking ship. Nobody likes to be associated with a loser.

If the old adage "Win on Sunday. Sell on Monday" is true..Ducati are in deep shit.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

win on sunday or style first

If I had the cash I'd go out and buy the Panigale tomorrow,it's gorgeous,it would be impossible for me to take it to the limit on the road or track and to be honest I couldn't give a flying f what Carlos done on it on Sunday..

I hope Ducati get there act together and find the silver bullet,we need another manufacturer in the championship and it would be nice if they were european.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Whores and bores

Having tantied himself out of Yamaha Rossi prostituted his services to Ducati under the pretense he could ride anything and sort any wayward machine. Unfortunately he proved to be a charlatan, who achieved nothing more than driving Corse to a state of chaotic desperation. On this charge management and Preziosi can be found somewhat culpable, yet it was all in aid of trying the impossible - making Rossi competitive.

The mere fact Preziosi sought Furusawa's advice completely dispells this myth of Wosi's that Preziosi is some sort of pride filled arrogant man. Preziosi's motivation is as expressed - the best for Ducati.

As for the WSBK Panigale. Well I presume it is still suffering under the 50mm (down 10mm on the production machine) throttle body intake restrictor plates, which would explain the continued lack of speed from the machine. As we know in Superstock form the Panigale is doing just fine against the four cylinders, to bust another Wosi myth.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices