Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

cJorge Lorenzo has spoken for the first time in detail about the controversial last lap clash he was involved in with hard riding compatriot Marc Marquez in Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez. The factory Yamaha rider lost second place and the chance to lead the 2013 world championship standings when he was involved in a dramatic final corner on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 353 days ago (07 May 2013 09:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Fair assessment

from Lorenzo of what happened and it's not like Lorenzo is unfamiliar with pulling off forceful overtakes - www.youtube.com/watch

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Crikey, thats going back a few years!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Doomdog

You nicked my link from two other of me posts!

Loreanzo will get another chance to defend im sure!  Good to see some close exciting racing again

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

hello4646

I got the link from a post by kcmc in the General forum. But a good find by both of you none the less. If the Marquez incident has reminded Lorenzo that sometimes a bit of rubbin' happens in motorcycle racing then great - it means us racing fans should be in for a treat the rest of the year.

I want to see racing in MotoGP not time trialling. Cal Crutchlow take note.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

More stunt than overtake

Cool Lorenzo though for his words above.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

cool and calculating

Lorenzo is still my tip for the title, he doesnt let things like this have a real effect on him and has held his hand up to his part in the incident. Without him leaving the door open the block/slam pass would not have been possible.

others would put the whole blame on Marquez and let it rattle them, not Jorge. Marquez better watch his back from here on in though, as i've a feeling fire will be fought with fire

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro

It was not a stunt.  It was a clear case of JR leaving the barn door open and MM the racer going for the gap that opened up before him.  We have missed this type of racing in the couple of years and should welcome the excitement that MM brings

Just remenber the boring races in 11 and 12 that we sat through week after week!

21st and 20th!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Cool...

His reaction was no different to Stoner or Rossi when they were at the receiving end of what they considered aggressive riding... difference was, having seen the ridicule both Rossi & Stoner suffered when venting their frustration vocally, he had the sense to say nothing of the incident at the time & then to analyse it to see what he can gain from it afterwards. A true professional.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Big respect to Lorenzo. I hope to see him and others dish it out to Marquez in the future...Marquez is exciting though and definitely adds some edge to a sometimes disappointing series..

Reply to this Topic
jaybe

Feb 10

jaybe says:

Dodgy Marquez

Marquez should have been penalised for that move on Lorenzo. In recent years the leading two riders haven't been that close to cause a clash, but go back to Rossi and Gibernau and Doohan and Creville, and it proves that if you stuff it up the inside while out of control instead of taking a slightly outside entry into essentially a hairpin bend, you will push the leading rider wide. It's all very saying it's a 'racing incident'but Marquez had no hope of making that corner without contact with Lorenzo. The gloves are now off as far as Lorenzo is concerned.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle