Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

cJorge Lorenzo has spoken for the first time in detail about the controversial last lap clash he was involved in with hard riding compatriot Marc Marquez in Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez. The factory Yamaha rider lost second place and the chance to lead the 2013 world championship standings when he was involved in a dramatic final corner on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 352 days ago (07 May 2013 09:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hard but fair Stig?

Hard yes, but please explain to me which part of MM slamming into JL and using him as a berm way deeper than the apex was fair?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Simple Nostro

MM's ambition outweighed his talent.  He's the fastest out there but he's got a lot to learn.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Simple

MM is Honda's No.1, so he can't go wrong, he used JL as an additional brake, and another step higher on the podium was the result. He's behaved well to that point, but now he wants the title at any cost, so I think we'll see him revert back to his Moto2 style. Well handled by JL. I'm expecting to see anyone in the way of MM from now on to get the same treatment.  

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Spare a thought

for the passing of one of cinemas greats - we may view the VR-CS-JL-MM show as theatrics, but this man made history and brought to life that which never could exist:

Ladies and Gentlemen - Mr Ray Harryhausen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Harryhausen

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Chris

sorry but this guys contribution to Motorcyle racing was !!!!!!!   He was one of thousands of major contributors to the huge movie industry, just fiction.

Reply to this Topic
owldhairybiker

Mar 13

It was a stupid senseless move that proves that Marquez has no regard for his own or anyone elses safety, he is convinced of his own invulnerability. Don't get me wrong, I was a great fan of Marco Simoncelli  and loved to see him race because he raced with his heart and I was devastated when he lost his life. Marquez is something way different, I have followed his progress up through the various classes over the years and he has proven many times that no one on the track matters in any way, they are not people just obstacles between him and the top step of the podium. I am not a psychiatrist and therefore not qualified to comment on sociopathic tendencies but he is not kicking a football round a field trying to hack peoples legs out from under them, he is partaking in a sport which is already dangerous enough without his antics.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

it was hard it was blatant it was unfair

But it was awesome!!! Great to see some bitterness in the championship. Its nice to see jorge not getting his own way for the first half of the season like last year...i dont want anyone to get hurt but do want to see proper hatred between contenders....like the days of yore...keep the points close and the battles vicious!!!!

Reply to this Topic
sparkout

May 13

sparkout says:

Racing incident, look familiar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GzKTWsoIx18 Sorry if the link doesn't work just copy and paste into your browser.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

I'm sorry owldhairybiker but if you care about your opponent then you'll not win anything, ever. You have to be ruthless to win. Being soft and feeling guilty is an emotion that world champions cannot have. It's the same in all walks of life. Anyone successful in anything from criminals to business people to sports stars all have no feelings for anyone but themselves.

Lozenger missed the corner, Marquez took the inside oppotunity, Lozenger turned into him. either out of sheer panic to cover the corner or what I think happened, on purpose. Either way it makes for great exciting racing, something the sport has been lacking for a few years now. We want fairing bashing and elbow bashing, just like we used to have.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

The move was fair just due to the amount of room Lorenzo left, it looked like he knew Marco was going to make a lunge. However it was Marco who went in too hot and if he took out Lorenzo then he would have looked really stupid. Just a racing incident and tbh I don't want this to turn into F1 where there are penalties left right and center.. Lorenzo though has matured a lot, he know how to handle the press now. I don't think anyone can touch him, not even Rossi, who lets be honest is looking like a mediocre rider right now.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle