Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

cJorge Lorenzo has spoken for the first time in detail about the controversial last lap clash he was involved in with hard riding compatriot Marc Marquez in Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez. The factory Yamaha rider lost second place and the chance to lead the 2013 world championship standings when he was involved in a dramatic final corner on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 09:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Right on cue Hedgehog

Reeled in like a Barramundi on a fisherman's rod.   Jeez mate you've got a daft answer for everythiing - more knowledge than Stephen Hawking.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

The precedent was set when Rossi took out Gibernau and Capirossi took out Harada and nothing was done about it. Both Gibernau and Harada had taken the defensive line but suffered the same fate as Jorge who took the normal racing line to get the best drive onto the straight. What does one have to do to stop this type of move happening at every corner, or is it only OK to do it at the end of races.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"Reeled in like a Barramundi on a fisherman's rod."

Yep, you got me... lured me into a discussion on a discussion forum... that must really take some effort from someone like you... well done...

:blink:

"Jeez mate you've got a daft answer for everythiing"

... & yes again... & still nothing you can pick a hole in... cheers :smile

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What if, little couch bound keyboard warriors

Jorge didn't have the skill to stay on board, fell down and broke something missing races and ruining his championship. What then? Would you enjoy your entertainment so much without the world champion for a couple of races?

Idiotic on multiple levels to suggest those kinds of stunts are acceptable.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hedgey

You're just like my ex-wife - got the answer to Everything and Must have the last word !     As for picking holes your responses have more holes than a string vest.

Nostro - although I agree in principle with  your last sentence It would be very difficult to police a 'good conduct' race.   If you watch any race - MotoGp, BSB, WSB people get sat up an make contact all the time.  MM made a rookie mistake and had been out of control on at least 3 previous occasions.  He should get a stern warning but you will never dampen the exuberence of a hot-headed youngster especially one with MM's potential..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Saturn...

"You're just like my ex-wife - got the answer to Everything and Must have the last word !     As for picking holes your responses have more holes than a string vest."

So much so that you've posted twice without being capable of picking out a single one... & yes I will have the last word until you concede my point, prove me wrong or stop making sense. It's called holding up your end of the argument... something you seem unfamiliar with.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

whilst not necessarily diagreeing with your general impetus

Steve your recollection of the Gibernau incident is different than mine. As I recall while Sete may have ended up where Lorenzo did he started from the other side of the track, and rather than riding a defensive line was turning in routinely, when a rider who similarly to MM was on an untenable line at an untenable speed but who was behind rather than by any stretch of the imagination next to him decided a curse needed to be enforced. That rider was totally in control of his bike, so arguably there was less danger, and in both incidents speeds were fairly low in any case as has been said.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Saturn, me old ball of vapid hot gas

Are you really incapable of discerning the difference between a firm inside pass leveraging a little room and that of one clearly overcooked using another rider as an apex berm?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hedgey

If a comment warrents a response I will give one (see my response to Nostro).   Yours don't.  

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

I don't advocate or agree with that sort of riding from anyone,  MM was out of control on several occasions (in response to Hedgey several of his moves were too ambitious) and he's lucky that he didn't bring  them both down..  All I am saying is - how do you supress juvenille exuberence ?  You can't !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices