Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo breaks silence on Marc Marquez clash

cJorge Lorenzo has spoken for the first time in detail about the controversial last lap clash he was involved in with hard riding compatriot Marc Marquez in Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP race at Jerez. The factory Yamaha rider lost second place and the chance to lead the 2013 world championship standings when he was involved in a dramatic final corner on the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 09:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

OTT

Marquez is a welcome addition to Moto GP, but that pass was out of order; he should have been penalised to cool him down a bit.

Lorenzo has been very professional about the whole incident.

Let the show continue. 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bollocks..

..ooh ooh what if?

Call yourself a racer Nostro?

More like a bloody embarrassment to every paddock in NZ. I reckon the only thing you've ridden hard lately is one of those big German sausages.

NOBODY who matters has criticised MM. Lorenzo's lack of race craft got what it deserved.

Man up yah big girls blouse.

This ain't ballroom dancing..  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Look I know Geometry is not a strong suite of yours Wosi

So let's add intersecting arcs to your list of fails shall we.

True enough no notable racer has condemned the 'attempt'. But nor have any of them endorsed the execution. Each and everyone of them would be steaming if whacked almost tee bone style as JL was.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nostro, you're just too beige..

..this is motorcycle racing where things happen very quickly. What you're talking about is a completely different entity and bears no resemblance to the sport I, and I suspect the majority, want to follow. I'm not advocating a care free and reckless approach, but Marquez took an opportunity to make a pass following a mistake by Lorenzo. He's paid a substantial amount of money to do this, to do anything less diminishes his role as a racer and frankly denigrates the sport as a whole...you're just soap boxing again..

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The point is..

..my fortitudenly challenged chuff-nut, that there wouldn't have been any intersecting arcs..if Lorenzo hadn't fucked up by not covering the inside line.

It's not the first time he's had someone slip him one up the inside at the last corner on the last lap by hanging his pert arse out wide, is it?

I'm starting to think he likes it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I've said before CHR

That I didn't see any malicious intent in Marquez's actions at Jerez - the contrary position could be taken on some of his Moto2 manoeuvres though. So I have it down as a racing incident, although he still deserved a points slap.

Simple question though. Did MM fuck up? The obvious answer is yes. Luckily nobody got hurt and JL only lost 4 points. Could have been much different though couldn't it? Then you'd be well Red CHR.

It was somewhat reminiscent of that crazy lunge by Melandri at Donny last year. Simply too optimistic. These guys know where their braking points are, they're on the god damn limit each and every lap. 10 metres too late on the anchors is well...you saw what happened.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

and i'm back...

Oh pull your tampons out!¬  Haha... OK - here's what I saw from stand A10 on the final corner.  About 35 yards from the collision.  Marquez came in quite hot.  Lorenzo was way wide of the corner, he saw Marquez at the last possible moment and tipped it in to try and stave him off.  Marquez transferred the bikes energy to Lorenzo who stood up and came directly at us for about 10 yards before managing to control that energy and tip it back in.  Marquez would definitely had run wide in the unlikely event he managed to avoid hitting him.  Watching it unfold from the vantage point and use of giant screens was amazing.  The crowd were going nuts for Marquez, the atmosphere was nothing short of spectacular.

What you also didn't get from the previous days qualifying was the noise Cal's bike made when it came flying over the safety barrier and clattered across the concrete floor.  I'm telling you right now the cameraman would've have been very poorly had he been stood about 5 feet to his left.

The circuit atmosphere (180,000), ease of entry, bars and food were just incredible.  I have never seen so many bikers in the same place. All the Spanish were friendly, well organised and well - what an awesome trip. Salamanca, Merida, Seville and Bilbao are all amazing cultural cities.  The twisties on the SA018 north of Seville (south of Azuaga) that feeds into the N432 is by far the best bike road we've done.  Hot weather (apart from Bilbao) just made it one to remember.  The Spanish have this particularly annoying habit of bouncing their limiters around 1 am though.  Glad I had my ear plugs for that hotel.

Point is - it was outstanding to watch gents.  The Moto2 and Moto3 races were also awesome.  Christ on a superbike, i'm f***ed now.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Would you be so passionate about the sport if it was a procession where no one took a risk? Bet your bowl of bananas you bloody wouldn't. If you want boring then watch boring but I am quite happy jumping up and down shouting, spilling beer all over the cat.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

You've inadvertently hit the nail on the head Nostro..

..because these guys are on the limit each and every lap, any mistake by an opponent has to be exploited. If these guys didn't take risks there would only be the processional racing that every mutha constantly bemoans. Marquez fights hard, no dispute there, but I certainly don't see him as reckless, despite the nanny state saying otherwise..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Shawno!...

..how's the weather my boy?..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle