Skip to content

Discuss This What do you think of Norton? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What do you think of Norton?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What do you think of Norton?

MCN have an exclusive this week on the new Norton TT racer, which they're running two of at this year's event. However, the bike is a prototype only machine, and won't be on the roads any time soon. So, we ask - are norton a 'proper' bike manufacturer? Or are they only playing at it?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 14:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fishbate

Oct 12

fishbate says:

Any company that has the nads to make an attempt at building and selling motorcycles, in this market, deserves respect.

Reply to this Topic
d0nkeychop

May 10

d0nkeychop says:

Yeah what he said ^^ hope they do well enough to get a range of mass production bikes to market. A commando for speed triple money would be good

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

IMHO

Run a bit like a (tacky) Robert Maxwell business. Flog it to John Bloor, and it might have a real chance/future!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

What do I Think...?

I really don't like his sense of humour but thats about it.....

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

sg1 vs sg1

Pity to lose the aluminium twin spar Spondon frame- which looked great seemingly replaced with an ugly tube construction. Shame. As for the larger issue, I'm not sure about the public monies (potentially required) but my biggest concern is that they seem to be expensive for the sake of being expensive. I have yet to see one 'in the flesh' and the quality may be obvious for all I know. That said, it would be hard for me not to think about one were I spending huge sums on a dream garage. Alternatively, I'd like to see an 'affordable' single cylinder double cradle cafe racer- very 'on trend' and with their name surely appealing? I'd want it to be better priced.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Norton Prescription

How to make Norton a success as a niche, small makers of retro bikes to rich dudes with other bikes already in the garage:

Stop racing now!  Just a waste of money and will not help sell a single bike.  It will deviate you and your tiny resources from the path of brand success.  Also the bikes you race with do not resemble your product line up.  That's beginning of the end, when your moves make no sense. 

Learn from Confederate. 

Create unique machines, with high build standard. 

Infuse confidence in your buyers, stop messing around, set a date and deliver.  No delivery postponements. 

Make your customers feel like you'll be around a while and they can feel secure giving you their hard-earned cash. 

Set up a good warranty system.  Make them feel you'll take care of them and you are not a fly by night company.

Good luck, S

RacingShiva.com

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

They do seem to dipping their toes in too many ponds. Concentrate on building a proper BUSINESS, with well built bikes delivered on time and with meaningful customer backup. Their aspirations are more than the current level of ability to actually produce the goods they purport to offer.

I love the style of the new Commando, but haven't yet seen one in the flesh. Shame.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Norton are awesome and I'd have no hesitation in handing them £15K up front.

Also, I sincerely believe that we'll find WMD in Iraq any day now, that the cheque is in the post, and that you'll only put the tip in.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think it would be interesting to hear from

Norton customers. Particularly those that have paid a deposit and not yet received a bike.

Reply to this Topic
minivin

Dec 02

minivin says:

I've seen one of these bikes up close and I was not impressed with the quality. The timing cover was retained by a right old mix of "parts-bin" fasteners that were different grades.

Now, I am not sure whether this was a prototype or early-production bike, as I saw it last April 2012, but at the prices they are charging, I would "demand" stainless steel fasteners and for it to blatantly be dripping in quality. Whether this is now the case I do not know, but at that price I think I'd have an MV Agusta RR.......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices