Skip to content

Discuss This What do you think of Norton? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What do you think of Norton?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What do you think of Norton?

MCN have an exclusive this week on the new Norton TT racer, which they're running two of at this year's event. However, the bike is a prototype only machine, and won't be on the roads any time soon. So, we ask - are norton a 'proper' bike manufacturer? Or are they only playing at it?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 14:42)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
minivin

Dec 02

minivin says:

I've seen one of these bikes up close and I was not impressed with the quality. The timing cover was retained by a right old mix of "parts-bin" fasteners that were different grades.

Now, I am not sure whether this was a prototype or early-production bike, as I saw it last April 2012, but at the prices they are charging, I would "demand" stainless steel fasteners and for it to blatantly be dripping in quality. Whether this is now the case I do not know, but at that price I think I'd have an MV Agusta RR.......

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I was going to write a long comment on what I thought about Norton but Shiva has said it for me. I think Stuart Garner is a total disgrace squandering customers money on racing (and mansions!) that would be better used on getting the product out. And apart from having Norton on the tank, the bikes don't excel at anything! If the same bike had Ural on the tank and was half the price, no-one would touch it with a barge pole.

Reply to this Topic
gingerbreadman

Dec 10

negative

All a bit negative aren't you? It's his business, he's producing the bikes after a bit of a disastrous run of parts supply, he's put a racer round the track and again this year...I suggest if any one of you can do better then put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is...I wish him good luck and look forward to seeing his bikes race in whatever form he chooses to turn them out and don't expect to see a Norton 961 even in race trim anywhere near good enough to be competitive...horses for courses as they say

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

gingerbreadman!

I'm sure your comments are a great comfort to the people who have paid thousands in deposits with nothing but excuses to show for it.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Ah, gingerbreadman, you may have missed the point a little. Yes, he's put his money in to the "business", as have a fair few souls who put deposits down in good faith yet have nothing to show for it. Are you a time share sales type, by any chance? Rogerborg, you summed it all up most succinctly sir. Respect.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

What do you think of Norton?

Not much any more.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Stuart garner must be smoking some heavy gauge shit if he thinks racing an Aprilia with Norton badges on is anything but a waste of money.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices