Skip to content

Discuss This Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics?

Eight years ago Valentino Rossi won the Jerez MotoGP race from Sete Gibernau with a hard final corner overtake that put the Spainiard in the gravel. Sunday's Jerez race saw a near-repeat of the incident, with Marquez forcing Lorenzo wide at the same corner. With Lorenzo fuming the move will almsot certainly have consequences... So, we ask, should he face the consequences?...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 14:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
alexwjenkins92

May 13

i quite like marquez and he is a great racer, but he did seem a bit like he was not in control of the bike for the majority of that race. Lorenzo needs to man up because he himself has made 'risky' passes on people before and even made connections with other riders, but i do think marquez just needs to chill out a bit.

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Hondas

Brill bikes these Hondas then, they win races on their won whilst the riders just slow them down by being out of control obviously.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

It was a hard move, but no worse than any others I've seen before. Simonchelli was a lot worse, may he rest in peace. I think Marquez will learn one way or another that those type of moves will end up costing him more in the long run. Payback's a bitch.

Reply to this Topic
Kokosun

Oct 12

Kokosun says:

I can understand Lorenzo's frustration ... but ... I think that it was an aggressive but fair move. When Lorenzo turned in for the apex, I think that Marquez was half a bike length ahead. He had overcooked the corner a little, but not much and only drifted a few feet from the apex. Lorenzo turned into Marquez. It was tight, but it looked fair to me.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

You know, he's a rookie at motoGP, and because of that, they're trying to nail him. Think back to last season, and even without Super Sic, there were a number of moves like this. Lorenzo didn't get knocked off.. he turned in knowing that Marquez would be taking a wide line at that speed. I'm not saying it wasn't a hard move, but Lorenzo is playing politics with the stewards to try to cow the rookie, and I don't think it's going to work with Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

@alexwjenkins Did you see the Moto2 last year? Marquez always looks like he's out of control. He kinda reminds me of the way Dohan used to ride with a bit of Stoner thrown in for good measure.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Its Racing

Its Racing this sort of thing happens in WSB every race. Alot of the MOTOGP guys are quick when there is no one around but they dont like mixing it

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

If you think he was out of control ...

...in that race you didn't watch the Moto2 last year... it's the way he rides all the time... sure he's still learning but he rarely crashes & often wins. He may become more conventional when he's allowed to settle into a rhythm but when he's battling for a place against riders as metronomic as Jorge then it's moves like this that will pay off.

As someone pointed out earlier his talent/ambition balance would seem to be in equilibrium at the moment. He's podiumed every race & hasn't had a DNF... yet.

Had it caused a crash or involved an illegal move then words would have to be said but there's more than one way round a corner & if you leave the door open like that you're likely to find that out.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

I don't see what the fuss is about, bit harsh but if the rider being overtaken turns straight into the guy who's running wide, they'd be bashing into each other all over the place, especially in Moto2.Hence why you pick it up and go underneath them. Lorenzo left the door open, then tried to close it with a rider in the way. Look at BSB Thruxton, Brookes left a fairly small gap, shakey pretty much forced his way through, was bashing (although nowhere near as bad obviously) at massive speed and nobody bats an eyelid. Motogp riders, as stated somewhere else, are rapid on their own, but seem to cry a bit when it gets rough.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Nope. MM needs to be applauded for his sick late braking and beautiful ridding style! His way of overtaking, is jus't a bonus:-)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices