Skip to content

Discuss This Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics?

Eight years ago Valentino Rossi won the Jerez MotoGP race from Sete Gibernau with a hard final corner overtake that put the Spainiard in the gravel. Sunday's Jerez race saw a near-repeat of the incident, with Marquez forcing Lorenzo wide at the same corner. With Lorenzo fuming the move will almsot certainly have consequences... So, we ask, should he face the consequences?...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 14:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cousinbillybob

Jan 13

Yes. Lorenzo left the door wide open for a good overtake. Pity his observation skills weren't that good. I mean, how do you miss an orange and white motorcycle...?

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Whatever anyone says, If I had been in Lorenzo's place I would have knocked Marquez on his arse in Park Fermee.

Reply to this Topic
Bungle1078

Nov 12

Bungle1078 says:

Christ!

Marques could/should have tought about taking the corner better Lorenzo could/should have see him.

You dont give a place away, someone has to try and take it from you!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

It's racing, not timed laps.

See subject.

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

Neither for me

IMO it's not something that should be encouraged or discouraged. It's the choice of the rider at that particular moment in that particular situation as to what's acceptable with his peers.

My only issue is that if it becomes a regular occurrence and there's an increased chance that people will be knocked off and/or injured then it may have to be looked at but right here right now it's a bit of storm in a tea cup I reckon.

They had a little fairing kiss and I'm sure both of them will think about what happened, re-evaluate it and they will now both realise where they stand with the other.

Marquez needs to consider how full on he wants to be and Lorenzo needs to close the door and not give him or anyone else a sniff as the anty has officially been upped.

One of Lorenzo's weaknesses is that he doesn't like it up him, it unsettles him and effects him greatly if people are a bit "rough." Simoncelli & Rossi were both happy to bang fairngs etc and they both unsettled Lorenzo.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Marques had the inside line and Lorenzo should have seen him and avoided him. Poor riding on the part of Lorenzo i think!!

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Lorenzo left the door open and he knows it,What do people expect marques to do ,back off and say after you sir.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Ooooh, I bet that really upset Lorenzo, getting nerfed off on a corner named after him! It really is a racing moment, not an incident or near death experience, why on earth are people getting so wound up about it? Let's hope this introduces a bit of emotion to what is otherwise becoming a bit " F1 boring" class. Fufhuksake, these are young fellas racing on a track, there's no other traffic to worry about. Or, should all the bikes be wrapped in a bubble wrap cocoon, with riders told off for RACING when the reigning world champion chucks a major hissy fit when he gets a rogering from a young upstart......

Right, time for my synchronised wheelbarrow formation dancing while wearing full protective clothing and helmet and goggles plus fireproof underwear class. 

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

ITS RACING

Get over it its proper racing.

As it should be and he had the inside line as lorenzo went wide

END OF

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

winner

I think it shows how commited he is to winning. He is so young but seems a rising star.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices