Skip to content

Discuss This Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Should Marquez be applauded for his tough riding antics?

Eight years ago Valentino Rossi won the Jerez MotoGP race from Sete Gibernau with a hard final corner overtake that put the Spainiard in the gravel. Sunday's Jerez race saw a near-repeat of the incident, with Marquez forcing Lorenzo wide at the same corner. With Lorenzo fuming the move will almsot certainly have consequences... So, we ask, should he face the consequences?...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 14:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

WRONG... Lorenzo had the correct speed going in to the corner, if Lorenzo hadnt been where he was, then Marquez would have gone way wide as his speed coming in to the bend was all wrong as he was trying to hard which isnt a bad thing. Poor riding however and his inexperience showed.

Reply to this Topic
shorty42

Sep 12

shorty42 says:

Real Racing

You are not a RACER if you do not believe & TRY, if Lorenzo had Shut the door & not 'thought' Marquez was too far back as he admitted then Marquez would not have been able to try the move. Lorenzo is a fantastic rider but unfortunately gave a Racer the oportunity to 'Stuff' it up the inside, which he did big style! Good on Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
FROSTYFROMCHEADLE

May 13

The actions of Mark Marquez at last weeks GP was in no way the same as the Rossi/Gibernau incident, both riders were in control and Rossi had the line. 

Marquez was out of control and the action of hitting Lorenzo slowed him up enough for him to make the corner,

I dont know what vido replays the Safety boys were watching, or if they were watching it through "Honda goggles" but they got it very wrong.

In the end its the safety of the competitors that must be paramount in any sporting event and lets face it the only exposure motorycle sport gets in the non motorcycle press is the reporting of tragedy, look in the dailys after the next GP and see if there is anything that even looks like a report.

I dont doubt in any way that Marquez is a terrific rider but he has proved on several occasions that he is capable of "rash" moves and this was another example, ets hope that he or someone else involved is not the next "newsworthy" statistic

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Speedway?

Foot on the deck right into the corner...?

Maybe Marquez should move to speedway.

But maybe not, Speedway frowns on unfair riding, so he should stick to MotoGP where the rules on riding conduct are largely ignored.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

That's racing?

Don't know much about the current ACU Road Racing licence but I hear you have to go to Rugby and sit some sort of test. I'll bet using your feet to aid braking isn't in it.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Lozenger ran into Marquez, seems I was watching a different race to most people! Maybe most of you have never even ridden a bike. MArquez was actually in front of Lozenger in the corner, Lozenger then turned into Marquez. I feel he did it on purpose to get Marquez a penalty because he realised he'd gone to hard into the corner and let Marquez in.

Any way, hopefully the fire is back in racing and the powers that be will let it go because it has become like a load of girls riding around then moaning to their mum when something happens they don't like!

Reply to this Topic
Black955tiger

Jul 08

I think Mr blue200tdi (Audi driver) should look at the photo at the top of this page which clearly shows that Marc wasn't in front of Lorenzo when they hit. Anyway, as far as I see it, no rider has a right to a particular piece of tarmac at any particular time. They both needed that same piece and touched because they were on different lines. It's racing. As Ayrton Senna once said; "if you see gap and don't go for it, you're not a racer". Amen.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgeholer

Mar 06

Hedgeholer says:

Marquez - The new Simoncelli

There's no one his riding reminds me of more.

OK, to be fair, Marquez has more talent.

Even so it'll go the same way -  He'll pull more and more dangerous stunts until he skittles someone and eventually Dorna will have to get up off its supine arse and jump on him.

Dorna talk a great fight about rider safety but have some history of behaving like professional bullshitters & prevaricators.  I hope if they don't act and someone's hurt they're in the dock alongside Marquez.  How they avoided prosecution when Daijiro Kato was more or less sacrificed to allow the race to continue - when many thought it should have been Red Flagged - still baffles a lot of people. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices