Skip to content

Discuss This Video: FJR old vs. new First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: FJR old vs. new

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: FJR old vs. new

Is the new Yamaha FJR1300 worth selling your old one for? MCN took the sport tourer out for a comparison test... brightcove.createExperiences();

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 May 2013 16:22)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

what can you say....?

About a bike that is so very old....oh hang on, "if you thrash these bikes their going to give the thrill of an R1" hmmmmmm Was that Rossi at the beginning?

Reply to this Topic
sar02

Aug 10

sar02 says:

I have the 03 gen1 fjr, not thinking of changing it, its a superb bike and it does everything it says on the tin.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

You'd be surprised snev, off the mark even my Bandit will outpace a stock R1.

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

CBR11X

Now that sounds like one rapid Bandit!

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Snev

Believe me, FJRs are very fast. If you don't get a buzz thrashing a 1300cc, 145bhp motorcycle, there must be something seriously wrong... Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Indeed Mr Neaves

I get a buzz riding all sorts of bikes even my ZR50 X1 but you made me smile with the R1 comparison... if you thrash an FJR1300, you get the thrill of an R1...so, If you Thrash an R1  do you get the thrill of a Busa ? What if you thrash a Busa....see where I'm going..?

I had one of the first FJR's in the country and previously owned the FJ1200 which was a cracking Bike I presently own and thrash a number of Bikes including.... NC30, Busa, RSV1000, X7... but I envy you  keep up the good work.

CBR11X....My mates FS1e...and all that !

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Buzz When Riding?

If you want a real buzz when riding, go down the motorway on a Yamaha TW200. Might be a good idea to safety wire it first.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices