Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez didn't fear penalty after Jorge Lorenzo collision MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez didn't fear penalty after Jorge Lorenzo collision

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez didn't fear penalty after Jorge Lorenzo collision

Marc Marquez says he wasn’t worried that his hard overtake on title rival Jorge Lorenzo at the end of Sunday’s Spanish MotoGP race would result in a penalty from Race Direction. Marquez snatched a last gasp second with a bold braking move at the final corner that gave him the outright lead in the world championship. Factory Yamaha rider Lorenzo though was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (08 May 2013 12:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

lorenzo is smart

He is avoiding a PR disaster. And he will learn from the incident, which is more than can be said for Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're a big disappointment Nostro..

How the fk are we supposed to take you seriously now?

After you Claude..

Is that how you won so many races..or so you like to tell us?

Most hard-core riders here would leave you for dust..you're getting soft old man.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

fear

don't fear penalty's, rather fear death............................

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Give it a rest yz

Listening to you bleat on about death I'm surprised you've got the courage up to crawl out from under your duvet and post a comment. Or are you still under there? It's bike racing, it's dangerous.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Lorenzo's biggest problem is that it's only a matter of time before Marquez won't need him to leave the door open. Marquez has already forgot and is thinking how he can beat Dani on a regular basis..Jorge has also forgot is worrying if he's gonna have a door to shut next time or whether Dani and Marquez will be formation flying to the title and why the fuck are we looking for corner speed when the tyres and track conditions can play such a large part in it instead of sticking to basics ala Honda and working on corner exit/entry and braking... Yamaha have gone to shit since 2010 and Nostro et all, it started last year, 12 of 15 races won by Honda, deary fucking me Yamaha as bad as 2003 just have better riders.... Neither Stoner nor Rossi were ever that dominant.. ps please stop quoting Yamaha practice pace. Dani never pushes, the race is the only measure of where the two bikes are ... Armchair included..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Any chance you'll ever bring coherency to one of your posts in future Hardlylean? 

I'm aware it's difficult for your jaundiced view of the world to comprehend, but if it wasn't for the over exuberance of MM we would have a Yamaha leading the world championship. 

Since the advent of the one litre era Yamaha have won exactly  one third of the races. Given we've only ever had three Aliens in either 2012 or 2013 and two of those have been HRC riders I'd suggest this is yet another measure that YMC are punching the equal weight of HRC.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

The Gospel according to Marqy Marq

Is the the last corner of the last lap is a "free hit" zone, where rider safety concerns are suspended.  If that is his strategy then Jorge and Vale and Cal would do well to "ease" Marqy into the kitty-litter the next time they have a chance so that he doesn't get to play dodgems with them in the last lap.

Of course that may result in injury that ruins MM's season, but that would all be part of the theatre of MotoGP.  Wouldn't it, my blood-thirsty "fans"???

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Cry me a fking river

Stay off the smack bumhead. Looks like Marquez may indeed be the new Rossi. He's already gathering a vociferous opposition, and all because the guy has a steely will to win. With every bleeding heart "rider safety" post I like him even more.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Jesus h Christ did none of you watch Schwantz and Rainey race. They hated each other and had a go all the way round. If it was at 150 mph then you penalise him when it's at 30mph and on the brakes last corner ,no. I want to watch racing not a procession.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Talking of Schwantz and Rainey

did anyone see last nights ITV4 programme called ''The Unrideables''.  About the 500cc championship in the late 80's involving Schwantz Rainey Gardner Mamola Mckenzie   That's what bike racing was all about - when they were real men and weren't afraid of a bit of fairing bashing.    If you get a chance to see it, do so it's mesmerizing stuff.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices